Premed 101 Forums

Full course load

I am a UBC student and I have taken a minimum of 30 credits during each of my undergrad years (currently in 4th year). In first year, I had exactly 30 credits which qualifies as a full-course load at UBC; however, OMSAS has given me only a length of 9.5 for that year (I had 10 courses, 2 of which were 4 credits each and 1 was only 1 credit)? Am I still eligible for the weighting formula?

According to my understanding I needed a full course load each year and that is why I took atleast 30 credits each time but I dont understand why I was given 9.5 and how UofT looks at that kind of stuff?

well you were given 9.5 for that year because they just count the two 4 credit courses as 1 each, and then the 1 credit course as 0.5, giving you a 2.5 instead of 3. I'm in the same situation except with some 2 credit lab courses. I checked with western a few months ago and they said that they would see that you took 30 credits and ignore the 9.5, but I never actually ended up checking with UofT, but I sure hope they do the same and look at the number of credits you actually took, not the number OMSAS said you did, cuz without dropping my lowest full course per year, I don't have much of a chance there.

I am a little worried about how UofT will evaluate my eligibilty for the weighting formula.

I am a UBC student and I have taken a minimum of 30 credits during each of my undergrad years (currently in 4th year). In first year, I had exactly 30 credits which qualifies as a full-course load at UBC; however, OMSAS has given me only a length of 9.5 for that year (I had 10 courses, 2 of which were 4 credits each and 1 was only 1 credit)? Am I still eligible for the weighting formula?

According to my understanding I needed a full course load each year and that is why I took atleast 30 credits each time but I dont understand why I was given 9.5 and if that will affect my application at UofT? Please help!

Archived