Premed 101 Forums

best (or last) two years of undergrad

AMmd

As far as I know, they only look at your AMCAS GPA - cGPA (which includes summer courses) and science GPA (which also includes summer science courses). Schools may also look at prereq GPA but I don't know if they do...

I definitely don't remember reading anything about best 2 yrs/last 2 yrs etc. the way Canadian schools have it.

they include summer course? woah i did not know that

Do they also include courses that you took withou t a full course load?

american schools dont care too much about course load. If you get 4.0 with 3 courses or 5, it doesnt matter to them.

All courses are counted in your total grade. summer or otherwise

They never take ONLY the final 2 years into calculation. But they do take look at "trends". And an upward trend is always good. but your cumulative GPA is still the KING.

why wouldn't they take the final TWO yrs into account? I would think they jsut wouldn't take 4th yr since ur marks wouldn't be out.. unless u take a yr or 2 off then they'd take all 4 yrs right?

They do take the final 2 yrs into account but also take other years into account as well. They dont single out particular years. As sony mentioned, they look at trends. If you had a rough start and improved over the years then they'll still consider you even with a "so-so" cGPA (depending on your other strengths as an applicant).

Archived