Premed 101 Forums

Class size for 2007 entry?

Well total is 152.. but seperated by funding

139 - ministry of health

8 - CNFS (french)

5 - military (anglo)

So 112 english, 40 french

How many interviews? Usually about 450.

Last year, they went to about number 190 to fill the class (meaning they went into the waitlist) so you're looking at about 50/50 post interview

I know that Ottawa gives preference to those from Ottawa, then from Ontario, but does anyone know how that preference translates into seats? How many seats generally go to OOP applicants? I've looked but haven't been able to find any info. Thanks in advance.

I believe the advantage is having the lower GPA cutoff than out of Ottawa applicants. I do not believe that they have a certain number of seats 'reserved' for applicants from Ottawa. That being said, there's quite a few individuals how are Ottawa-tonians but I think that's a result of the lower GPA cutoff.

Good luck!

Hey OT6,

Is that ~190 for the english stream alone...or both the english + frensh streams.

Thanks

The majority of the individuals on the waitlist who end up receiving offers are from the anglophone stream. Most of the french applicants who receive an initial offer accept it. However, I'm not sure of the exact numbers.

Good luck!

Archived