Premed 101 Forums

How are you dealing with the wait?

Guest 0T6

Guest 0T6

So.. May 1.. the home stretch :D

How's everyone passing the time?

For me, I've got 2 more exams and finish on Friday, start work next Monday so I'm hoping that along with playing some MVP Baseball, watching a lot of movies, and going out with friends who I haven't seen since last summer should hopefully get me through to May 31 with some level of sanity.

(I started this thread so I can steal what everyone else is doing for myself :P )

Guest CalicoKal

Drinking. Lots of drinking.

Just kidding.

Reading, working hard, seeing friends, maybe a few weekend trips, and avoiding all "so what are you going to do next September" talk...

Guest Isoceles

Iwannagetin: Wow! Good for you, seriously. I wish I could be so practical - but I just can't do that to myself right now!

This is not good "get your mind off the wait" advice... but I actually have the 30-day-countdown written out in my daytimer. The badside: crossing the number off EVERDAY proves how freaky I am. The goodside: forgetting to cross numbers off for a few days and then realizing 4 or 5 have gone by is awesome!

Sad, I know :\

I am also planning a get-together for some friends... the planning takes care of my OCD tendancies and that plus the event should eat up a nice week or so of worry time :lol

Guest natman

I'm heading off backpacking in Europe.

Should be able to keep my mind off things while there.

Worst case scenario: Get the rejection letter while sunning it up in Greece...Not really all that bad.

Hopefully that's not the case, but we'll see!

Natman

Guest chenzy

For the most part my 5 month old baby keeps me very busy and time seems to be passing me far too fast!

I'm still going insane over this wait though... I've begun planning a camping trip for May long weekend to keep my mind off things.

Guest wylie348

Well, my wife and I have this really nice bottle of wine, just WAITING to be consumed...! Try not to get too stressed everyone (easy for me to say - at least we U of C waiters only have a max of 14 days left :) )

Guest UWOMED2005

I did the backpacking thing in Europe.

It was the ONLY thing that actually got my mind off the application. . . and provided some interesting fodder for a future application, should it have proved necessary. (Fortunately, it didn't!)

Obviously, this isn't an option for everyone, but if you can do something fun and interesting in the meantime. . . it's a very good idea!

Archived