Premed 101 Forums

Interview - Location Switch at all possible?

Hey Everybody!

Just curious if anyone knows if it's possible to have my interview location switched from Thunder Bay to Sudbury. (I'm assuming not likely).

Has anyone successfully (or unsuccessfully) ever changed their interview locations?

Does anyone prefer to interview at Thunder Bay while stuck at Sudbury (it might be easier to switch if we had replacements lined up for the opposite location. Mine is: Thunder Bay - 10:30 am - Sunday April 1, 2007 <--- April Fool's day....)

Does anyone even know how easy it is to switch days at the same location? From April 1st --> March 31st at Thunder Bay? (I have a poster presentation at 10am on Monday the 2nd). Anyone want to trade for an April 1st?

I'll email them to find out, just thought I'd see if there was anyone willing to trade to make it easier/more likely for them to grant a change in dates/locations.

Thanks Everybody!

Nick

i got an invite to interview...just have yet to find out where. In the chance that I end up in Sudbury, I would love to switch so that I can be in T-Bay. Once I find out where I am interviewing, I will post the info and then maybe we can switch (I'm sure they allow it if you find someone to switch with).

Apparently switching is definitely possible. From what I understand they said to send an email with:

- OUAC#

- date, time & location that they gave you

- when you would like it moved to, and I guess preferred rankings (Options: Sudbury March 24th & 25th at 10:30am & 2pm; Thunder Bay March 31st & April 1st 10:30am & 2pm)

- the reason why you would like it changed (from just because, to $, to time, etc. they said the reason that would be given the highest priority would be if you had an interview at a different medical school for the same time - they said they'd check with that Medical school, so be truthful)

(If you're submitting the required Interview Response Document you can always put a little note beside the I will be attending this interview box that you have requested an interview change via email).

They said that it wouldn't be changed until after March 1st (giving everyone a chance to reply by the deadline) and that after that it would be very quick if they did offer you a change. (Basically, here's an alternate time and/or location, take it or leave it).

Crosses fingers and hopes for an interview at UWO that will conflict with NOSM. Going to be just lovely planning hotel & plane rides at the last minute.

<as an aside to the people desiring Thunder Bay, at least 1 person for the Sunday April 1st 10:30 am slot (me) would switch with any Sudbury, don't know if that'd affect anyone's preference rankings...>

Archived