Premed 101 Forums

Grad Students Interview: anyone got one yet?

Same here. UofT grad student, haven't heard anything. However, I did get this from Deborah when I asked about submitting additional material for the graduate application package:

Although we will accept late submissions showing additional productivity to a point, we can't do this indefinitely. At this point the graduate files are already under review and no additions of material is possible.

So, they are under review. Sit tight!

I am an in province grad student with an interview. Having said that, I was informed that grad students should not expect to hear early due to "a second review of grad material." They only received our grad packages in Jan. And they probably don't review them till later on.

edit: or as cary fan pointed out, they are reviewing them now...

I am an in province grad student with an interview. Having said that, I was informed that grad students should not expect to hear early due to "a second review of grad material." They only received our grad packages in Jan. And they probably don't review them till later on.

edit: or as cary fan pointed out, they are reviewing them now...

Congratulations - best of luck!

Based on the new update on U of T admissions website, looks like there will be a bunch of interview invitations sent out over next few days, with a good portion of them to graduate applicants. I think for most of us our fate will be decided within next couple of weeks. Sounds like if you get a regular mail from U of T admissions office during next little while, it's a bad news.

I posted on the invite stats thread as well, but I will repost here for fellow grads.

I may be hope for some. I got my interview invite on Feb 23 for Mar 23 interiew (I'm from Ontario, outside GTA). I rescheduled it for April 1 since I am currently in Africa doing a CIDA internship.

OMSAS GPA: 3.71 (grad GPA is 3.70)

MCAT 2004: PS12, VR 8, Q, BS 11.

MCAT 2006: PS 9, VR 7, R, BS 9.

Finished grad degree in August 2006. One first auther pub (in press) and two other pubs (1 in press), plus international conferences, posters, etc.

Lots of EC (hospital/social/community volunteer), varsity sports, grad student council, undergrad research (apart from honors work), international health/education experience, lots of awards.

Rejected from all schools across Canada over the last 3 years and U of T is my first interview ever after my second year of applying!

hihi,

on the website it says that offers will be sent until april and that graduae students should not expect an early invitation. is this true? also i will be starting a neuroscience graduate degree this september. does anyone have any tips on the application process? thank you everyone ^.^

hihi,

on the website it says that offers will be sent until april and that graduae students should not expect an early invitation. is this true? also i will be starting a neuroscience graduate degree this september. does anyone have any tips on the application process? thank you everyone ^.^

Hey jenbanks, where on the website does it say "graduae students should not expect an early invitation"? I only see that offers will be sent out until April. But as was posted in the admissions update thread, I believe most of the invites will be out as of tomorrow (both grad and undergrad). So perhaps they were just being conservative in saying April and they may actually be finished sending out invites as of tomorrow. But I am just speculating because I really have no idea what is going on behind the scenes right now with the grad applications. I am still holding on to the last glimmer of hope. Just hoping you could provide the link to support you post.

Hey jenbanks, where on the website does it say "graduae students should not expect an early invitation"? I only see that offers will be sent out until April. But as was posted in the admissions update thread, I believe most of the invites will be out as of tomorrow (both grad and undergrad). So perhaps they were just being conservative in saying April and they may actually be finished sending out invites as of tomorrow. But I am just speculating because I really have no idea what is going on behind the scenes right now with the grad applications. I am still holding on to the last glimmer of hope. Just hoping you could provide the link to support you post.

The statement is in the 'Frequently Asked Questions' section (under Interviews & Offers) of the UT admissions website.

http://www.facmed.utoronto.ca/English/page-13-15974-1.html

However, this statement is preceded by "We begin to send refusal letters and offers for interviews in January. Both will continue to be sent until mid-April, as the files are reviewed." Clearly, this does not apply to this year and is thus an outdated information.

My guess is that at this point it's too late in the process to be considered "early" and that vast majority, if not all, of invitations have been sent out already for both undergrad and grad applicants. I hope I'm wrong.

My guess is that at this point it's too late in the process to be considered "early" and that vast majority, if not all, of invitations have been sent out already for both undergrad and grad applicants. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm afraid of that too...my impression is that they're through with sending invites. I spoke to Leslie Taylor a couple of weeks ago because I was going to be out of town for a conference and was afraid of conflicts, and she told me that they would be sending out offers until mid-March, but that if a space became available they could always call people very soon before one of the later interview dates. However, by the sounds of it (based on other posts made here), it seems as though all invites are out -- guess they were very time efficient with sending everything out.

I'm not hopeful, but it isn't over until the while envelope comes in the mail!

also i will be starting a neuroscience graduate degree this september. does anyone have any tips on the application process? thank you everyone ^.^

jenbanks, are you referring to the application process for the grad program or for med school? For the grad program, where are you applying and for what program?

Archived