Premed 101 Forums

Interview Attire

tarzi

The short answer is, wear whatever you want outside the interview. It's not something you need to put a lot of thought into. It won't affect your chance of admission. The only people who'll be judging you (albeit informally) are your future colleagues...so dress in a way that you feel represents to you peers who you are (or want to be).

If there is recommended attire for any of the events, it'll be posted on the interview weekend website. Check on there after February 17th.

outside the interview, it doesn't matter what you wear. unless you are trying to impress / pick up med students or fellow interviewees. in that case, wear something sexy. but if you wear a tie to the pub, we will all think you are a tool. well, i know i will. you will then recognize me by my sarcastic glare and eye rolling.

you will then recognize me by my sarcastic glare and eye rolling.

...and you can recognize me with this awesome t-shirt I found, bearing a most memorable slogan:

I offered my honour

She honoured my offer

And all night long

It was honor and offer

If that doesn't get me into medical school, I just don't know what will.

• 2 weeks later...

don't bring anything with you into the interview. you don't need to take notes, and you most certainly are not going to bring notes unless you're trying not to get in (i don't even think they'd let you bring something like that in even if you had it)... if you're a girl, you can bring a purse - i forgot to bring one to my western interview and ended up having to stick my ID, credit cards and car keys in my sock :) . if you're a compulsive water drinker, don't worry, they have water for you in the interview rooms. as well as a box of kleenex. in case you need it.

Archived