Premed 101 Forums

Why do you want to be a doctor?

OttawaURookie

LOL... I remember seeing in the old forum:

Fly hunnies and a sick ride. :D haha

P.S. In all seriousness, everybody has their reasons for doing it... I don't really think there's a point in comparing peoples' reasons. Anyway, Phanster, there are other careers that allow you to help people. What is causing you to want to help people medically rather than doing it through another career, for instance, a social worker?

i was going to write something original but then got lazy and took this from my blog:

"So i thought i would explain my reasons for becoming a doctor in order of importance, since you asked so kindly:

Money - The way i figure it, i'll be making a butt load of money, which has been scientifically proven to correspond to happiness, or at least that's what i'm told. It is also kind of needed if i'm going to follow my religion -materialism.

Drugs - I haven't really got into drugs yet, but i'm sure i will. With all that access to drugs, i'ld be stupid not to abuse them. If you think about it, the probability that you get caught is fairly low, and hey, if you do, you're half baked so you probably wouldn't care - i think its important to have a hobby, it makes you a well rounded individual.

More Money - its true that i would already be making lots but as i've explained, i would be happier if i had more. Thus i think i would combine my love for money and my love for drugs, and sell them on the black market - the drugs i mean, not the money, although . . . (how much does money go for these days?)

Trophy wife - well i hear some women like you only for your money - if only i could be so fortunate. A man can dream can't he.

MD Certificate - i think i would carry it around with me wherever i go. This way, when people see me, they will automatically know that i'm better than them - isn't that why you become a doctor in the first place? I can also give advice, not medically, but about anything. I can make up whatever i want, and people will believe me because i have a MD beside my name - or atleast that's what my dad does.

o yeah, and i suppose the whole, helping people and saving people's lives has some benefit - i don't know exactly what, but i'm sure i'll figure it out sooner or later.

That concludes my list of reasons for becoming a doctor. As a final thought: if you've learned only one thing from me, it should be that i'm better than you."

Archived