Premed 101 Forums

Compressed Nursing Degree

Hi. I will soon be finished an ungraduate degree in Science. Unfortunately, my first two years have brought down my cgpa considerably. My 3rd year was okay and this year is so far great! I'm considering taking an extra year as a "special" year to apply to UWO and Queen's, however, I'm also looking at starting a second degree or grad school. I'm contemplating the compressed nursing degree as my second degree, but I'm not sure UWO will be able to recognize the time past the first year of this because there will not be enough courses with marks. They are clinical pass/fail courses. Would Western take the first year of compressed nursing and put it with the last year of my science degree? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thx.

Hey,

You CANNOT combine years from different degree programs to make up your two years above the posted GPA cutoff- both years MUST come from the same degree program. So in answer to your question, Western would not consider your 4th year of Science plus your 1st year of Nursing as being from the same degree program, so that would not satisfy the two years above 3.7 criterion.

Archived