Premed 101 Forums

attire for white coat ceremony

Guest chiapet921

Guest chiapet921

Hi there!

Not sure if I missed anything in the package, but would the ceremony be a formal affair? or just normal shirts and pants be enough?

Need to know what to bring in for this week!

See you all soon...

...business casual or semi-formal. However, anything presentable will do as well. If you're not looking to fit in and just want to be yourself, feel free to wear whatever you want, keeping in mind this is a G rated event. ;)

...Shortly after the Whitecoat Ceremony, you will be taken to get your Western Student card made, including the picture they put on your card that you will use for the next 4 years. That may be something to keep in mind while selecting your attire for Wednesday.

Guest DrSahsi

Definitely agree with the business casual/semi formal. Professional enough to go to work. Don't forget that the whole thing will be populated with parents and staff (it's more for the parents than anything else, IMHO).

You'll have plenty of chances to "be yourself" for the rest of the year. Well... except for Clinical Methods, perhaps.

- RSS

Guest adlinner

Oh yah, the pictures go on your western one card AND also the class composite (for the next four years until the grad composite comes out). The some of the western undergrad degree holders of our class didn't get their Western One card redone, and their old pics showed up on the class composite. No problem because they all look beautiful, except maybe for Murph - he was exceptionally beautiful.

The other thing is, being dressed up for the western one card can be good or bad... personally I feel silly handing over my card to the librarian or the staff at the gym, with that thick silver tie taking up 1/4 of the frame...

you should try to make sure your FACE is in it.. not any other part of your body... i know the tie looked cool.. but come on!!!

hehehe

;)

L (from Firenze)

uhm... i was? :P

hehehe... okay.. well, just make sure you tell all your kids this time. hee hee.

greets from venice.. i'll be back in london in under five nights.. gah!!!

Ldawg

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

Under five nights??? That means four nights, right? So that means you're back in London tonight??? Party at lcloh's mom's house!!! :D

Seriously though, call me when you get back- we can go to the mall and talk about boys (makes "call me" gesture with right hand). Clerkship bites so far...

Best of luck!

Timmy

Archived