Premed 101 Forums

UT now inviting for dates:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, i just have a question... I am wondering what the email and name of the invites/rejections are being sent out under for UofT. I am scared as hell that mine was lost in the junk mail. I have over 2000 spams and have already looked through it day-by-day to make sure it hasn't been lost there. But i am still paranoid :P. i just need the name/email to confirm that it's not in there haha.

dave

Hey guys, i just have a question... I am wondering what the email and name of the invites/rejections are being sent out under for UofT. I am scared as hell that mine was lost in the junk mail. I have over 2000 spams and have already looked through it day-by-day to make sure it hasn't been lost there. But i am still paranoid :P. i just need the name/email to confirm that it's not in there haha.

dave

to make your search easier...try to search "LESLIE TAYLOR" OR "taylor". so you aren't sifting through pages and pages of spam.

Resident status (OOP or from ON): Toronto

Date of email invitation: Today

Date of Interview**: April 1

Grad student or undergrad: Undergrad (done degree already).

OMSAS gpa (not qualified for formula): 3.72

MCAT: BS 10 PS 9 VR 7 WS P

I really thought that I was going to be rejected...I'm suprised. woohoo. Good luck to you all who are interviewing.

Tarzi, why bother posting stats if you make them up? Those aren't the MCAT scores and GPA you wrote in other threads. You could have left out the numbers.:confused:

Resident status (OOP or from ON): Toronto

Date of email invitation: Today

Date of Interview**: April 1

Grad student or undergrad: Undergrad (done degree already).

OMSAS gpa (not qualified for formula): 3.72

MCAT: BS 10 PS 9 VR 7 WS P

I really thought that I was going to be rejected...I'm suprised. woohoo. Good luck to you all who are interviewing.

I don't mean to be picky. Tarzi had other memorable posts in which he shared very different stats.

well - to be more specific, I have a 3.88 gpa (OMSAS). So even without the weight, it's around their average. So I guess my question should be - is my 3.88 worth less because I didn't "tough it out" like most people by taking 5 courses per year?

He's also posted about a Queen's interview I think and the MCAT scores posted here wouldn't meet their cut-offs. It's not useful to anyone to lie on these boards.

You caught me red handed allanam. Although I can't expect anyone to trust me anymore, I hope that my acknowledgement of my lie is enough to perhaps allow me to regain your trust.

You are right in that I lied - but you are wrong in that I lied here. I am not lying, these are my real stats. I lied in the other posts. I never got the queens interview. There, it's all out in the open. But this doesn't matter anyway, since I have been caught lying once - I don't expect to ever be trusted again and you're all free to speculate about why I lied etc. Don't worry, I'm not posting on here ever again - because I agree with you, it's not useful to anyone if we have posters on here lying, and I don't want to compromise these boards, which I feel are a great resource (provided people are being honest). Goodbye and I'm sorry.

You caught me red handed allanam. Although I can't expect anyone to trust me anymore, I hope that my acknowledgement of my lie is enough to perhaps allow me to regain your trust.

You are right in that I lied - but you are wrong in that I lied here. I am not lying, these are my real stats. I lied in the other posts. I never got the queens interview. There, it's all out in the open. But this doesn't matter anyway, since I have been caught lying once - I don't expect to ever be trusted again and you're all free to speculate about why I lied etc. Don't worry, I'm not posting on here ever again - because I agree with you, it's not useful to anyone if we have posters on here lying, and I don't want to compromise these boards, which I feel are a great resource (provided people are being honest). Goodbye and I'm sorry.

Wow..I must say that although I realize that it's hard to trust what's written on these boards, it still surprising to see that someone would go out of there way to lie in order to-- what-- make ppl feel better or worse about their interview status?

Too bad there isn't a way to make sure that the individual named tarzi can't register under a different name and continue to be deceitful.

you don't have to leave! it was a harmless white lie that didn't hurt anyone. its very honest of you to admit you lied, but lets just all move on .. we've all been rejected at one place or another, and yea, sometimes we deal with it in strange ways. so what.

congrats on your invite :)

Too bad there isn't a way to make sure that the individual named tarzi can't register under a different name and continue to be deceitful.

it is a little odd because this is an online forum, where you are *fairly* annonymous. so of all places to feel comfortable with your rejection, this would certainly be it.

its not like we are a close group of peers who know you, and will laugh at you should you have been rejected. there are tonnes of ppl on this board, myself included, who do not meet the MCAT cutoffs for queens/western, by a point or letter. the school's loss, not ours! nothing to be ashamed of.

No worries. Were your MCAT marks legit?

it is a little odd because this is an online forum, where you are *fairly* annonymous. so of all places to feel comfortable with your rejection, this would certainly be it.

its not like we are a close group of peers who know you, and will laugh at you should you have been rejected. there are tonnes of ppl on this board, myself included, who do not meet the MCAT cutoffs for queens/western, by a point or letter. the school's loss, not ours! nothing to be ashamed of.

I agree...it's nothing to be ashamed of. Therefore, people shouldn't be making up that they have interviews when it gives others false hopes that if they have similar stats, then they are deserving of an interview as well.

Just saying that honesty is the best policy.

Archived