Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa specific health concerns

Well... I live in SK now, but am originally from Calgary. I've been to Ontario quite a few times for interviews/conferences, as well as to visit friends. I have asthma, and find that I have exacerbations when I visit Toronto, London, or Hamilton. I haven't had any problems with Kingston or Ottawa.

These considerations did play a role in my CaRMS rankings and deciding on the location for my fellowship. I am strongly considering a subspecialty fellowship in Ontario, though. Since I moved to SK from AB, I have been able to stop taking all of my asthma meds altogether. I figure that if I move to ON, I might just end up being compliant with my inhalers again!

Good luck :)

LOL... That's funny... I interpreted your question to mean Ottawa/Ontario-specific health concerns for YOU, should you choose to move there!

I thought it was funny that you had thought of that, since most med students are young and healthy. I certainly didn't think of that until I was on my CaRMS tour through Ontario and found myself sucking on the ventolin inhaler unable to breathe!

Good luck in your interview :)

LOL... That's funny... I interpreted your question to mean Ottawa/Ontario-specific health concerns for YOU, should you choose to move there!

I thought it was funny that you had thought of that, since most med students are young and healthy. I certainly didn't think of that until I was on my CaRMS tour through Ontario and found myself sucking on the ventolin inhaler unable to breathe!

Good luck in your interview :)

and what else is funny, is that i thought you were just being sarcastic/witty in your original reply :P

Archived