Premed 101 Forums

Anyone up for Squash / Exercise during upcoming Interview Weekend?

Hey Everybody!

Do you think you might be a nervous ball of energy this weekend? Do you find that exercise relaxes you? Do you like to play squash? If not, have you ever wanted to give it a try? (I'd have answered yes, yes, yes and not applicable).

My interview is Sunday at 2 pm, I was planning on arriving and checking into my hotel Saturday at 3 pm. In between 3 pm and Megalo's Restaurant at 6 pm, I was wondering if anyone wanted to play squash? (Or racquetball, I don't have equipment and am weaker at racquetball though, or if anyone happens to know of indoor tennis courts in Kingston...) Alternatively I might be tempted to show up for the Lunch, Info Session, City and Campus Tour on Saturday, leaving Sunday 7:30 am - 11am free. I've played with beginners and with people who've never played before (I'm a very relaxed guy, I'll be so happy to be playing I won't care how good you are). I'm also open to trying different sports.

I'd really like to try out the Queen's squash facilities. Checking the website and phoning them up it seems that visitors pay $7 and need a Queen's student with them. (And apparently to book a court the Queen's student would have to show up in person to make an appointment, otherwise it's on a first come first serve basis if a court is open). If someone from Queen's responds and wants to play, great. If not, I'll have a car with me in Kingston and can pick up anyone wanting to play and we can go to the YMCA. If many people want to play, I'm sure we could set up rotating on/off or getting more than one court. (I have an extra set of goggles, racquet, and balls).

Does anyone want to play squash during the following times:

- Sat. Mar. 3rd - 3-6pm

- Sun. Mar. 4th - 7:30-11am

you can use this email if you want: squash.med.interview@gmail.com

(I might try the same thing for anyone having NOSM interviews in Sudbury or the April Fool's weekend UWO interviews, we'll see how this turns out).

I've had one taker, if anyone else is interested email me with a way to phone you (hotel phone# and room# or name) by 3pm Saturday.

I'll you call as soon as I check in at 3-3:05pm and pretty much pick up whoever else wants to play pretty much immediately as we're aiming to play Saturday at 3:30 at the YMCA on St. Lawrence Campus.

Good luck to everyone this weekend

squash.med.interview@gmail.com

Dr. Nick Riviera

Archived