Premed 101 Forums

OOOP: change of status on Minerva

Atomic_Kitten85

Hi, did any OOP had a change of status on Minerva? (Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted)?

Im just confused because on Minerva my status changed from Further review required to Waitlisted (i had an interview), but when I called the admissions, they said the status posted on Minerva was only temporary, and further info will be sent by e-mail this week....heh, more waiting...and now that they changed the release date to March....:(

imo, the fact that you guys got an oop invite from mcgill means that you will be accepted to multiple places. Also, I'm sure you've heard that the oop acceptance list moves quickly.

heh, if I get accepted into one place, I'll be happy. This wait til May15 is really killing me.

I know it sucks to be waitlisted, I had the same thing happen to me lastyear (although I am IP). However I did get a call a few weeks later offering me a spot, but then I had to defer my admission until Aug '07. You should be happy that you even managed to get an interview at McGill as an OOP, and don't give up hope. Hopefully I'll be seeing some of you next year!

Hey,

I tried calling to get to the bottom of this...but my phone card was running out of time and was rushed.

What I *sort of* found out from the nice lady

1) Not every student gets placed on the waitlist.

2) The minerva status is temporary? That doesn't make much sense though...I'm so confused

3) I then asked if we'll know our final status (waitlisted/rejected) this coming Monday - response was no, we'll know in end of March?! What?!!!

4) Can I find out where I am on the waitlist? No...

In conclusion, I didn't get anything from my phone call :) Perhaps someone else would like to try and clarify things (and not have a calling card with 2 minutes on it!).

grrr, I wonder if she knows what she is talking about. During his talk on the day of the interview, the admissions dude said we would find out in 2-3 weeks!

I would ask to speak with Michel Dansereau or France Drolet to get the actual facts about what is happening. They are the actual admissions officer and admissions director. I remember last year speaking to this lady (the one who answers the phones at the admissions office) who kept on saying different things, depending on when you asked her. Also, I was applying for early decision last year and I called and asked her things and she seemed very unsure about what she was telling me.

Generally, they wont give you your position on the waitlist and last year, it seemed as though everyone who wasn't accepted right away was put on the waitlist. The OOP waitlist does move, so dont give up hope!

Miss sunshine, I noticed that a quite a few of OOP in med 1 did their undergrad at McGill. Considering how few spots there are and how many people apply, can there be a particular preference towards McGill undergrads?

Although it might just as well be the case that they were the most outstanding applicants....

Archived