Premed 101 Forums

waitlist rank

Guest PaniDoktor

Guest PaniDoktor

Hey,

If waitlisted at UWO, could I phone and find out what rank I hold?

I know that some schools will tell you, some may tell you if you have a pressing reason to know (ex. leaving the country), and some flat-out refuse regardless of your circumstance.

Guest therealcrackers

No, they will not tell you. They do not tell anyone their rank, until the very end of the summer when the class is filled and they let everyone else know that there will be no more admission offers for that year.

If you are going to be out of the country for a time period and you are on the waitlist, the best thing to do is give them a contact person or your own contact information. Communicate more rather than less, to make sure that you are in a position to be able to find out in, and phone from, say, Thailand, to accept a potential offer. They may not give you your rank, but at least you'll have a pipeline established so you can get time-sensitive information like an admission offer quickly.

Guest lcloh

Just as a clarification:

Even when the class is filled, you do not get a #position. All you know is that the class is filled and that you must have been that far down such that you weren't in line for an offer.

L

Guest aneliz

Correct. UWO does not (EVER) release your position on the waitlist...they will not even tell you if you are in the 'top half' or 'bottom half'...or give you any indications of your chances of getting off.

However, if you are going to be out of the country, let them know and designate a contact person (your brother/mother/best friend) that will make the decision for you if need be and/or be able to get a hold of you on short notice while you are away.

You will need to officially designate this person (because the schools are unable to release information to another individual). This process involves sending info to UWO, signed by both you and the contact person authorising this to occur. Call the office for more details...but I know of several people that went this route the year that I applied.

Archived