Premed 101 Forums

How many other interviews do you have?

I applied to 10 schools across the country and UWO is my only interview... a little unnerving! I'm from BC and this is my first year applying.

By the way, my interview is on the March 31/April 1 weekend, and I'll be going to the dinner on the Saturday evening, so I'll see some of you there!

do you have to confirm this saturday night dinner?

I'm also there for that weekend. My interview is the 1st

EDIT: I just read the last email they sent. I have confirmed for the Saturday night. Who else will be there?

EDIT2: OP, did you apply to Queens? Your stats for western should have gotten you an interview there too?

I did apply to Queen's and my GPA didn't meet the cutoff...

I'm so terrified because my GPA JUST meets the cutoff for UWO (exactly 3.70), so I'm not that confident that I have a great chance of getting in... I've been told that the interview will be my strength though, so hopefully having a strong interview will improve my file enough to get me accepted!

I'm most likely going to be in the same situation as you next year. Just think that at least you HAVE an interview. Not many people can say the same. You have a chance and that's all that matters. Just think positive and believe you can do it and that will get you through. Best of luck.

I'm so terrified because my GPA JUST meets the cutoff for UWO (exactly 3.70), so I'm not that confident that I have a great chance of getting in... I've been told that the interview will be my strength though, so hopefully having a strong interview will improve my file enough to get me accepted!

considering it's all about the interview at Western, you'd have a really good chance! :)

Is it? I thought it was 50/50 with GPA/MCAT after the interview. I hoped it was the GPA/MCAT that was a qualifier and then the interview did it, because I'm just worried that I have to make my interview STUNNING to compensate.

I'm in the middle of finishing my undergrad research project and feeling so stressed and so unconfident :mad: However, my girlfriend's mom arranged for me to meet with the doctor that heads the emergency department at my local hospital to go over things that I should know for my interview.

Stressful!

However, my girlfriend's mom arranged for me to meet with the doctor that heads the emergency department at my local hospital to go over things that I should know for my interview.

Stressful!

Sweet deal!

Congrats on getting this interview! Maybe I'll see you. I'll be the nervous looking one :)

Guest canucker
Is it? I thought it was 50/50 with GPA/MCAT after the interview. I hoped it was the GPA/MCAT that was a qualifier and then the interview did it, because I'm just worried that I have to make my interview STUNNING to compensate.

I'm in the middle of finishing my undergrad research project and feeling so stressed and so unconfident :mad: However, my girlfriend's mom arranged for me to meet with the doctor that heads the emergency department at my local hospital to go over things that I should know for my interview.

Stressful!

I believe it is a 50/50 split with GPA-MCAT/Interview but if I recall correctly from previous posts even if you're at the cutoffs you still get a pretty good score out of 50 (I'm pretty much in the same boat as well in regards to MCAT). So don't sweat it too much (easier said than done of course)!

Good. I was worried the GPA score went from 0 - 50 for GPAs 3.70 - 4.00, (Same for the MCAT, mine being a measly 32Q, barely above the cutoff). By the way, I hope you're a Vancouver Canucker as well as a regular Canucker.

The one thing that worries me most about moving to Ontario for med school is that I might have fellow students forcing me to cheer on your Maple Leafs....

Archived