Premed 101 Forums

Nervous?

Hey Bear,

I feel your pain!

I think I was more anxious a few days before the rank list deadline, but now I have a bit of a sense of calm... not sure how long that will last, though. It's out of our hands completely.... nothing to do but hope for the best!

Good luck :)

Hi there,

Match day this year is this coming Wednesday, i.e., March 14th.

I'm not so much nervous as I am looking forward to finally knowing how/where to proceed! It'll be nice to remove that uncertainty and get other things progressing forward. There's a lot to do before taking a nice, long holiday. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Hi there,

I'm not so much nervous as I am looking forward to finally knowing how/where to proceed!

I agree! It's kind of crazy to think that if you match away from your home school you will only have a few months to finish up school, take the LMCC, have grad week, mentally prepare for residency, move and get settled etc. It's too bad the match is so late this year.

Hey,

Yeah, they've changed things now so that Match Day is the same as Unmatch Day- you won't know your results until you log on that day and either get a link to your Match result or a link to the 2nd round/leftover spots (which means that you went unmatched). It's kind of cruel that way, I'd agree- last year people were celebrating in front of someone who went unmatched, but I guess that's the risk you take when checking your results in a public computer lab. I ended up sleeping in that day and checking my results at home. The ensuing happy dance wasn't something that was meant for public eyes anyway.

Good luck with the Match, everyone.

I'm not so much nervous as I am looking forward to finally knowing how/where to proceed! It'll be nice to remove that uncertainty and get other things progressing forward. There's a lot to do before taking a nice, long holiday. :)

Hey Kirsteen,

I remember reading your posts since back when you and I were both applying to med school. Your posts were and continue to be very helpful, and it's really exciting to see you on the verge of matching to residency!

Good luck!

pb

Archived