Premed 101 Forums

What if you caught your friend cheating on an exam?..

Zuckman

What if you caught your friend cheating on a licencing exam and you were competing for the same spot?

Hey guys, this one is pretty hard. Best thing would be to talk to the friend first then state you opinion and then try to come to an agreement. What if your friend doesn't change his position? Would you go tell the Dean? How would you convince the friend to stop cheating?...stuck on this one.

Zuck

Hmm, this one is hard.

I would talk to my friend about it. Just because I hate when people cheat. It's not fair when you work so hard, and someone else does better than you simply because they are cheating. I would talk to them about it, but I wouldn't go and complain to the dean about it. Hopefully, I will have gotten them to see my point of view, and next time they'll think twice about cheating. I wouldn't complain to the dean because I really don't feel it is my position. Sure, I know it's not fair... but life isn't fair, and some people do things like that. Eventually though, I believe we will all get what we deserve.

I'd report it...I've reported it in the past even when it had NO impact on me (seeing people glue notes all over the inside of their clothes for another class). And to top it off, in this particular case this is something that directly impacts me, since we're competing for the same spot.

I'm thinking if this person is cheating on their licensing exams, then perhaps they are not knowledgable enough to be a doctor and patients lives could be at risk (this is a little extreme, i know, but you never do know). In that case, maybe it would be best to tell the dean (if the friend refuses to tell himself) to make sure patients aren't put in harms way.

I'd report it...I've reported it in the past even when it had NO impact on me (seeing people glue notes all over the inside of their clothes for another class). And to top it off, in this particular case this is something that directly impacts me, since we're competing for the same spot.

HAHAHAHA u snitch

Archived