Premed 101 Forums

From what I learned during my interview, yes there are both anatomy and histology components in the first half of med school.

The cadavers are prossected but you have the choice to take an optional elective where you can dissect them yourself.

Current med students can correct me if I'm wrong:)

Thanks butterflies and OT6! That's great that there is such an elective. I think you learn much more when you actually spend time dissecting, although I've heard less and less schools in NA offer such an opportunity due to cadaver shortages....

Butterflies, how was your interview at Ottawa? Im having mine later this month and just wondering whether it's a lot different (based on your overall impresson) from McGill and Uoft respectively?

Btw you interviewed at McGill as well, right? Was it on Feb 9th or the

12th? (trying to figure out if we've met...mine was on the 12th)

Hey Atomic,

My overall impression was pretty good. The interview was much like a conversation. There were less interviewees than at Toronto (where I felt lost in a huge crowd of people!) because not all morning/afternoon interviewees have to show up at once. The interviewers go up to the interviewees (that part is a lot like McGill--less stressful than having to sit outside the interview room).

Speaking of McGill, I interviewed on the 9th of Feb...so I guess we didn't meet. Unless you're from Ottawa?

From what I learned during my interview, yes there are both anatomy and histology components in the first half of med school.

the tour was cool we got to go into the anatomy lab while students were working... i saw a foot! i think it was a foot it was kinda far away. I def recommend the tour and our guide kareem was a cool guy

Thanks for the feedback, butterflies. Hope it goes well. It's just I've heard stories where people actually broke down into tears during the interview at Ottawa...

I was definitely challenged during my interview. I didn't break down into tears but I could see how people would. I could tell it was a strategy though as opposed to them just not liking me. Although it does make it very hard to tell how well you did.

Archived