Premed 101 Forums

CNFS-All done yet?

I had my interview as a CNFS applicant on March 3rd. We were told that if it hadn't been for the snow storm, all interviewees would have been interviewed on that weekend, but that they had to re-schedule some of them. Does anybody know if they were able to do that last weekend or if there are anymore?

Thanks

ok well I am now officially crazy. Has anyone at all hear anything? They told me they would send letters out last week (and by letters I am sure they mean email) and I haven't heard anything yet. I am starting to think that it's because other people got their acceptance letter and they are just waiting for some to turn it down, which isn't going to happen until May for sure. ANything at all would help!!! :confused:

I haven't heard anything yet. I'm guessing there were unforeseen complications or delays... these things tend to take longer that people expect, so I wouldn't worry too much about it :). The other possibility I can think of is that they actually are sending paper letters, instead of email, and that's what's taking longer. I don't think this is very likely or anything... it's just that my friend interviewed for an other program (audiology), and they were told they would get an answer by email, but everyone got it by regular mail... The two programs are not related, so my conclusion is just that it MAY be possible... I don't know... I still would bet on the unforseen complications or delays, if I had to. I'm preaty sure people who are accepted and waitlisted find out at about the same time, and I haven't heard of anyone who got an answer yet... Keep your fingers crossed, we'll let eachother know as soon as we get the answer!

Hi clobliss,

I know that it must be stressful, but I'm sure you will hear soon. If it makes you feel any better, those of us applying to the english stream won't hear until May 15th, so even with the delays you're still hearing long before the rest of us!

Good luck and try not to give yourself an ulcer!

Fmdsm

I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much and it's just getting harder. At least you know that on May 15th, when you open your mailbox the email will be there. Everyday I feel like I am going to die when I open my mailbox and then nothing. Well good luck to everyone and I will let you all know if and when I get a letter.:)

Everyday I feel like I am going to die when I open my mailbox and then nothing.

A tad dramatic, no?

Just think...a couple of weeks from now you'll know. What exact day won't change the outcome nor how you feel about it in a few weeks.

Take it easy and have some perspective - there are much worse things in life than an empty mailbox...

Good luck to all :)

Hey there! I totally feel your frustration! I spoke to the admin today and they told me that they are waiting for a meeting of the executive committee that will be held on the 19th of April, at this meeting some important decision will be made...( I suspect it may be regarding the post-interview evaluation debate, 100% interview or not, but who knows!). They will then be sending out e-mails shortly after to all the CNFS candidates who had an interview...so no worries about waiting for snail mail if you are rejected! Hope this helps alleviate a bit of the stress, for a few days atleast!

Thank you Mate!!! That does relieve a bit of stress!

Clobliss, I know how you feel, it has been the same for me. Knowing exactly what day to expect an answer would make it so much easier, then you can at least relax a bit until that day. But in our situation, it has been extremely agonizing to constantly expect an answer for the past few weeks now. But thanks to Mate, I can now relax until the 19th!

Does anyone know if they try to take an even number of applicants from across the country? Is it possible that they take all 8 applicants from the same province? I guess I just want to know if it's any advantage to be from a part of the country where there are less bilingual applicants.

Archived