Premed 101 Forums

DAT preparation

Hi, all!

OK, so I am ready to take the DAT exam in November. I've bought all the books published from IQ Publications, preparation materials from CDA, and Kaplan's DAT prep book. I've skimmed through Kaplan's DAT prep book and foruntately I think I know most of the materials (MOST of the materials, not ALL) pretty well. But I don't really feel comfortable reviewing with only books - I would feel much better reviewing in the class room environment. But geez...Kaplan's prep course costs more than $1500!!!! I don't think I can afford that. So I've been searching through internet to see if there are any DVD series of lectures. I was very surprised to see people recommending "Gold Standard- the MCAT DVD lectures" for the DAT preparation ("advertised" by one of eBay sellers). But again, I don't really feel comfortable buying these DVDs because it is meant for the MCAT preparation. I was wondering if any of you here have used "Golden Standard" when preparing for your DAT exam. If not, can anyone tell me if there are any multi-media DVD lecture exclusively for the DAT?

Thanx everyone! :)

I suggest you pick up Schaum's outline of biology to supplement, and order TopScore for the Canadian DAT for the practice exams and you'll be set.

To be honest, with what you have and those 2 resources you have more than enough to own the DAT. Everyone studies differently, so I understand why a classroom environment might help, but I think that Kaplan is a rip off, and I don't know of other resources. Maybe you could look for study partner in your area? That might be a bit better than pure booking learning if you don't feel comfortable.

Archived