Premed 101 Forums

Match Results

So...now that the fatal moment is over with, how did everyone do ? Are you happy, sad, disappointed, jumping up and down?

I am currently in my rural FM rotation up in Blanc-Sablon, so i have no idea what my classmates matched into (snif snif, missing out on all the partying). So gonna compensate by asking people from this board lol :)

I matched to FM @ McGill and I am ecstatic!

-CY

So...now that the fatal moment is over with, how did everyone do ? Are you happy, sad, disappointed, jumping up and down?

I am currently in my rural FM rotation up in Blanc-Sablon, so i have no idea what my classmates matched into (snif snif, missing out on all the partying). So gonna compensate by asking people from this board lol :)

I matched to FM @ McGill and I am ecstatic!

-CY

Hey there CY,

Well done and great for you on being so pleased!

On this end: Mac/Rads. Also very chuffed about that. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Hey everybody:)

First of all congratulations:D For all those who posted did you receive your first choice?

Secondly, CY how did your significant other make out in the match? Was he not going for rads?

Best of luck everybody in the future

from talking to med-4's at my school (as well as from post of the posts here), it seems that people did REALLY well this year. Most people I spoke with got their # discipline/location or else their #2 choice. A lot of people in quebec were worried because of IMG's being able to compete in the first iteration (we don't have a parallel system like in ontario) but it seems taht everything worked out.

congrats to all!

Secondly, CY how did your significant other make out in the match? Was he not going for rads?

He got into Family Med McGill, which was his third choice. Oh well, life is funny that way :) Rads was a tough year, and i think he's perfectly happy with the decision - perhaps it was fate he says :) I'm just happy we're moving back to Montreal... !

Congratulations to everyone!

I dunno how the rest of my class did - and i don't think there's gonna be an email circulating like in yours FFP - oh well, i'll find out soon enough...only 1 week left in Blanc Sablon...

CY

Thanks Medicator!

All these years, I'm looking forward to meeting ya! ;)

I have to chose my base hospital this week...not too sure what the advantages/disadvantages are of the Royal Victoria, the General and of the Jewish. Is there a hospital you would recommend as a base hospital?

Lastly, is there a hospital of the three that has a higher representation of inner-city or immigrant health? I really enjoyed working at St. Michael's in Toronto. Trauma ICU and ID stuff interests me too...

Thanks for your help,

wassabi

• 1 month later...

Archived