Premed 101 Forums

Sympathetic labour

Guest ploughboy

Guest ploughboy

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hash: SHA1

I'm all nervous and stressed, and I didn't even get interviewed this year! Good luck to everybody waiting for news from OMSAS schools. People who you've never even met are cheering for you!

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (FreeBSD)

iD8DBQE+1im7/HNgbK3bC2wRApGlAKCcPBGbyXAUirOyZEaxHswYdDwk7gCfZIIi

KOk0O7FzL6PKisyCHr6BI4A=

=vHlV

-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Guest MayFlower1

ploughboy,

Thanks for the thoughts. LABOUR PAIN? What's that? Isn't that what good anaesthetic is for?

food-smiley-005.gif

Peter

Guest TimmyMax

Mayflower, that is the coolest emoticon I have ever seen! It will apply very nicely to the UWO Meds Class of 2006 come noon tomorrow!!!

Timmy

Guest MayFlower1

Ha ha...thanks TimmyMax...

Unfortunately, I can't claim them as my own...

...until the answers come out, however, I'm kinda feeling like:

vomit-smiley-015.gif

This vomitecon might also serve well for the UWO folks tomorrow...ha ha

Peter

Guest therealcrackers

Harumph! At two beers it's a more normal physiologic response when you don't have the alcohol tolerance of the average 2006'er. Plus, given the extravagant cost at the bar, it's cheaper!

Back to the original thread. Those of you waiting, we have felt your pain, and we remember. Take heart: it's all going to resolve itself soon.

Guest UWOMED2005

Yeah, 2 beers and 15 rye-and-ginjahs or GnTs. The 2006s wouldn't even make it to the rye-and-ginjah stage of the night.

Egad, this is totally reminding me of a coversation DB, DM and I had with a bunch of British Anaesthesiologists outside a club in Barcelona at 3am last summer. On finding out we were med students, they decided to impart their wisdom on us. I will never forget what they told me:

"The secret to medicine is. . . (hic, almost falls over) the secret to medicine is. . . (hic, remains vertical enough to finish his thought) just to drink. Nothing more."

I'm not sure whether those are words of wisdom from a sage expert on the affairs of medicine, or just the ramblings of a drunken British Anaesthesiologist at 3am on the streets of Barcelona who really wanted us to continue drinking with them (the two Swedish girls who were with us suggest to me the latter) but at least this story shows that medicine isn't all hard work, and that most doctors know how to have fun every so often.

On that note, back to the books. . .

Guest UWOMED2005

Yeah, but we had the IV infusion pump (aka "the Life Machine") for the afternoon to rev ourselves up. That thing can infuse up to 6 L/hr of 100% pure ethanol.

Take that. Our livers sure did.

Archived