Premed 101 Forums

Admission to McGill: need advice

Hey Guys! So I'm in Quebec and I'm currently in my first year at McGill in Anatomy and Cell Biology (U1, I did my CEGEP here as well:) ). So dentistry has been on my mind a lot lately, and I was planning to write the DAT coming November. Does anyone have tips on either I should do the Kaplan course or just study on my own (I have all the Kaplan books from 2004 and Barron's DAT, along with IQ publication for carving). Any suggestions?!?!?!

Rite now, my GPA ain't so great. It's around 3 :( I know.....but I still have a good chance to bring it up to atleast a 3.7 rite? I mean I've only done one semester and my second semester looks great by far. I really wanna get into the faculty of Dent at McGill (seeing how Anatomy and Dentistry is located in the same building.....it makes you wanna stay there :D )

Lastly, I'm looking to buy a carving kit from a student who wrote the DAT in Montreal. Thanks in advance.

Hi there!

I would strongly recommend buying the DAT kit from the CDA. The person that you are buying it from may have the old, shorter blade, or a chewed up ruler. You want to start fresh, just like what they give you in the actual exam. It's a good investment

I also strongly recommend buying soap from CDA as well, for the same reasons.

I haven't done the Kaplan course. I would suggest trying to do a carving on your own, first. See how you make out. This is the same with rc, sciences and perceptual. If you get it first off, then don't even bother spending money on courses. (eg. some people get perceptual right off the top and some people have to get tutoring for help in perceiving objects).

Have fun; that's also an important part of this whole process!

________

CALIFORNIA DISPENSARIES

Archived