Premed 101 Forums

Where to post housing ads

Hey! I've just been accepted to Dal (yeehaw!) and I have an apartment sorted in Halifax. I'd like to find two room mates, and I'm wondering where the best place is to post info like that, where a lot of Dal students may see it. Anyone on here who is interested, this is the info:

Two flats available August 1, 2007 in a house in a quiet block on Jubilee Road near Preston Street. Five minutes from Dalhousie and major hospitals. Walking distance to grocery store and downtown. One parking space available. Please contact alyson.horne@dal.ca

Top Flat:

$550/person + utilities; water is included

2 of 3 bedrooms available; first year female medical student (that's me!) living in third bedroom.

Main level has new kitchen with small deck, newly renovated bathroom, living room and two bedrooms. Will be newly painted and carpeted. Washer and dryer included. All new windows. Window coverings provided. Ideal for medical or graduate students seeking a quiet place to live.

Could be available before Aug 1, if necessary.

Lower Flat:

$1,500.00/month + utilities; water is included

3 bedrooms available.

A lovely two-level, three bedroom flat. Main level has living and dining rooms with hardwood floors, large new bathroom with Jacuzzi, new kitchen with stainless steel fridge and stove. Laundry with washer and dryer. Newly renovated lower level has 3 bedrooms with in-floor heating, and a powder room. Electric heat. Small private yard. Window coverings provided. Ideal for medical or graduate students seeking a very quiet place to live. Also great for a family as the house is minutes from elementary and junior high schools.

Hey Congradulations on being accepted.

If you are looking for a med student then the best would be to either put up a sign in the Tupper Library or send an e-mail to the list serve. Also interms of getting a 2011er then you might want to see about getting a section on your class's website to post advertisement for apartment shares in teh class.

If you are just looking for a student then google dal off campus housing and you will get their site. Your banner ID that you used for paying your 200$ deposit is your student number and you put that in and you can post for free.

Congrats again on getting in, and fyi to anyone else, if you are looking for a june -septermber 1st sublet or a weekly/monthly sublet during the same time for clerckship... pm me ;)

Archived