Premed 101 Forums

Anyone else obsessing about their interview(s)?

Zuckman

Hey guys,

I find it hard to stop thinking about my interview experience. Not sure how it went. Said some stupid things but for most part was relaxed and I had fun. Still, I find it hard to read the interviewers. How do you guys cope with the waiting process?

Zuck

hahaha yeah i can relate... i couldn't sleep the night before my interview, and was probably even more restless the night after my interview (first interview btw)... but then i realized: it's all been said and done, and i don't think there were any disasterous moments. i couldn't read the interviewers, but i'm sure others had the same problem... so why obsess about something you can do nothing about? may 15th is the magic day... THEN you can start obsessing if you've been waitlisted :P (that's pretty much how i've 'coped' and by coped, i mean, i've just stopped thinking about it... or heck when i do think about it, i try to tell myself it went amazingly :D)

Hey guys,

I find it hard to stop thinking about my interview experience. Not sure how it went. Said some stupid things but for most part was relaxed and I had fun. Still, I find it hard to read the interviewers. How do you guys cope with the waiting process?

Zuck

i know what you mean...i'm still thinking of things that i could have done better

I guess I'm just one of those people who deals with stress by ignoring the problem. I haven't though about the details of my interviews since a week after they finished. I still wonder everyday if I will get accepted or not but at least I'm not analyzing my interview performance to death. Whats done is done, all I can do is wait.

hahaha that reminds me of one of the interview questions i got: how do you deal with stress? and the doctor on the panel joked "stay away from alcohol"

I thought you signed a confidentiality agreement before the interview !? :rolleyes:

Just joking, it's all good!!!

well not all of them required you to sign a confidentiality agreement... and i'm pretty sure that's a common interview question, like: why medicine? why this school? tell me about a bad decision you've made, etc... on the other hand, i'd be breaking confidentiality if i posted that the third question asked of me at mac was "if you diagnosed a 10 year old girl with extreme allergies to her pet cat that she loved very dearly, how would you tell her?" :P

Hey guys,

Zuck

A day hasn't gone by that I haven't thought about my interview. I don't think a single hour has gone by that I haven't thought about it. Somedays I think I did well and other days I think about how I messed it all up. This is one heck of a rollercoaster ride!

Three years later and I still remember that point in the interview where I think I lost the admission to Ottawa! If only they hadn't asked me to answer in French! :P

While I was still on the interview circuit, I found it useful to dissect the intervies to help me prepare for the next one. However, once they were over, I found I had too much other stuff to do than dwell on what I couldn't change.. I remember working hard to pull my thesis together so I could graduate!

At least the acceptances get sent out earlier now, so the wait is shorter. I remember having to wait until June to hear anything.

A few minutes ago I was feeling good about my interview.

Now I'm back to feeling horrible about it.

I wish I had school to distract me, but I finished last year.....

I do have a full time job, as well as lots of hobbies, but my mind wanders very easily................................................................LOL.

I feel sometimes pretty good about mine but then I regret some things I said. This process is slowly gonna drive me crazy...I've been rejected before but that was no surprise...now..a rejection wouldn't be nice since I felt I gave it a much better effort...we'll see..

Just remember that once the interview is over, it's over, there's no rewind button, what happened happened...now it's up to the adcom to decide. No use in worrying about something you can't change.

Soooooooooooooooo much easier said than done :P

I'm naturally a dweller...I'm dwelling, but only when I have time b/w classes of course :D

Soooooooooooooooo much easier said than done :P

I'm naturally a dweller...I'm dwelling, but only when I have time b/w classes of course :D

Ahahaha, careful, you're cortisol levels will skyrocket, then that unwanted belly fat will just pile on.

Archived