Premed 101 Forums

Physics Lab

EricC

Hey everyone!

I'M not sure if anyone on here has the same dilemma. Probably not, as most McGIll applicants are doing their undergrad at McGill from what I gathered at the interview. Until recently, my university, the University of Ottawa, required intro physics labs only for majors related to physics and perhaps biochemistry as well. Anyhow, they revamped the programs, making the labs part of the intro to physics classes (it use to be separate), making it impossible for me to take the lab now by itself. IN the slim chance I get accepted (fingers crossed), does anyone know what will happen? Can I take a physics lab as a summer class at McGill? I doubt it... however I'm pretty sure I've heard of ppl getting in without having to complete this requirement. Does anyone have any guidance regarding the possibilities!?!? Thanks

Eric

PS. I'M having such a hard time focusing on studying. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THURSDAY. As someone has said, this might be the best of long-weekends or the worst! Good luck everyone

Wait until you find out the decision before worrying. Then call up Michel Dansereau and ask him. He'll give you the correct answer and tell you what to do. There have probably been other students in the same situation . I would imagine that all the pre-reqs need to be taken before starting because the conditional acceptance that you will receive is based on 1) maintaining your gpa, at least >3.5 and 2) fulfilling all the prereqs.

Thanks for the advice!! Athabasca apparently has the ''lab'' integrated into their intro courses so that could be my last resort. Their labs sound shady though, I thought intro physics labs was about laser, etc. not things you could do at home. Anyhow, I knew someone would know what to do! Thanks again

Archived