Premed 101 Forums

What exactly happens on May 15?

There are 3 options (unless things change):

1) you get the ' you have been accepted' email

2) you get the 'you are on the waiting list and due to your position on the list you are likely to get a spot' email

3) you get the 'you are on the waiting list and due to your position on the list it is unlikely you will get a spot' email

Good luck :)

Hey Miss Doc

Ottawa doesn`t flat out reject anyone that received an interview. You either get "good waitlisted" (option 2 in Talon01's post) or "bad waitlisted" (option 3 in Talon's post).....unless as Talon01 pointed out, something has changed this year.

Yes, from the info session, they indicated that there aren't any flat out rejectings. This has not changed.

Does anyone know if the e-mail comes at midnight or later on during the day?

Do they also send out a snail-mail package OR is it attached in your e-mail if you're accepted?

I got my email in the morning...don`t remember exactly when maybe around 9:00?? Early enough that it made my day at work completely unproductive! But I don`t think there is a specific time. And since it is individual, some probably get it earlier in the day than others.

There are attachements with the email that go over all you need to do and send in.

I had also received a phone call the same day from the faculty to see if I had any questions.

So you don`t need to worry, everything will be clear in the email.

Good Luck!

Sats

Hey

i got my offer at 8:02:eek: in the morning of May 15. I was awake around 7 and put my yahoo messenger on to hear the buzz for the new mail. it is going to be a stressful day so relax for now and enjoy the rest of the spring

good luck

Sara kj

Mine was early morning too. I was at work and I got a frantic call from my mother. I had figured I would check my email when I got home (my family didn't know I would find out on the 15th, so I could check with no pressure). The phone call from the dean of admissions changed that whole under the radar thing :).

Soon my friends, soon. Enjoy all your non-medschool time, trust me!!!

Archived