Premed 101 Forums

email or snail mail this year?

Does anyone know, on May15, if there will be an email this year?

And do they put everyone on the waitlist with no rejections?

It's always snail mail. The Schulich Documents say, May 15 everything will be sent by mail, no e-mail/phone offers will be made.

It's always snail mail. The Schulich Documents say, May 15 everything will be sent by mail, no e-mail/phone offers will be made.

That's all well and good, but that's what the documents said the year I got in, too. Then Admissions emailed people on the day that offers were released, saying "you're going to get an offer letter". I think they did the same thing last year, as well.

So you might want to schedule some "obsessive email and message board checking" time into your calendar on that day, just in case...

pb

And do they put everyone on the waitlist with no rejections?

It doesn't happen often, but it is entirely possible to be rejected from UWO after your interview.

You would have to have a *profoundly* bad interview to get rejected, but it does happen.

PS: And because I've just freaked out a bunch of applicants who are obsessing over their interview performance, let me try and ameliorate your concerns. If you have enough self-insight to be worrying about getting rejected post-interview, you probably don't need to worry about getting rejected post-interview.

i would assume the post interview rejection would be reserved for those who failed to meet the second year gpa cutoff, no? because while an interview score of 0 for all practical purposes has eliminated you, there could be a massive wave of schulich offer rejections to get you off the waitlist which you should still technically qualify for...

Rejections are usually (I won't say entirely) based on the interview performance. If 2 of your interviewers deem you unacceptable for medicine (interview score=0), you WILL get a rejection. I can't imagine that happening too often but it does happen. Your GPA/MCAT will not help you in this scenario.

i would assume the post interview rejection would be reserved for those who failed to meet the second year gpa cutoff, no? because while an interview score of 0 for all practical purposes has eliminated you, there could be a massive wave of schulich offer rejections to get you off the waitlist which you should still technically qualify for...

If you have only one year above the GPA cut-off, you will get a conditional acceptance -- the condition being that you must show that your current year meets the GPA cut-off as well. If it doesn't, your offer will be withdrawn. Technically that's not a rejection, but we're splitting hairs here.

As blinknoodle mentioned, if two or more of your interviewers deemed you "unacceptable for medicine" you will be rejected. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

You won't get the kiss of death (automatic rejection) from one score of 0 but I imagine your score wouldn't be as competitive for admission compared to everyone else not getting any 0s... Now just because you *think* your interviewer hates you doesn't mean a) they hated you or B) gave you a low score. Relax and wait until the offers come out!

hahaha... i can actually respect that... but really, is it possible to get 0?? what i noticed was that each question had a marking scale for it... could you honestly garner a 0 on all the questions? from 2 interviewers?? or is there a veto mark at the end or something?

I think what the previous posts meant was that there is a question at the very end asking if the candidate is suitable to be a doctor. If 2 people said no, then you are rejected.

If 2 interviewers think you're not suitable to be a doctor, then Im pretty sure you should be considering alternate professions. If one person says you shouldn't be a doctor, maybe they are just having a bad day, but they are supposed to be objective. What's weird about interviews, is that I've been told by people that thought they had the WORST interview, get an acceptance. Then on the opposite I hear people say their interview went really well, and they got waitlisted. That goes vice versa, some people bomb their interviews and don't get in, while others do really well and get in. There's no way to tell except find out on May 15th.

Archived