Premed 101 Forums

How is everyone coping?

Just saw a thread in the University of Saskatchewan forum and wanted to start the same thread in here. So how is everyone coping? There's about a month or so left before we all find out.

For the past 4 days I've been trying to register for the MCAT but the AAMC website has been totally MESSED UP as of late. When trying to register, I keep getting a "No Seats Available" message after I pick a date. According to AAMC, the message is an error and to keep trying. I'm beginning to lose hope after trying so long to just REGISTER! If I can't write it again this year, I'll try to make my summer productive in other ways.

I was coping somewhat fine until I looked at the calendar and realized that there are still four more weeks of endless waiting. Today for all of you who haven't been counting is T-26 days until May 15. God forbid you have to wait until the second date. I have recently started doing a little research on housing in the city. So cheap compared to what I'm used to paying. At least the NHL playoffs are on (and the Sens are still in it) to pre-occupy myself until May. I guess that as time has gone on I find myself somewhat second guessing myself, especially that maybe my interview wasn't so hot.

Regarding the registration for MCAT, keep trying. I used what looks like the identical system last to register for the CBT. I had a seat reserved in Kitchener until I mis-typed credit card info. I thought that ironically, all seats had suddenly filled up. I tried every other close city (Hamilton, London, Toronto) and the only thing I could get was at a hotel ballroom in TO so I said forget it. I kept trying reserving in Kitchener every day for about a week until I was once again able to secure a seat. You would think over time somebody would've fixed this problem :s

Yeah I'm going to keep trying, though right now I have a feeling all the seats have already been filled. I just gotta hope now that someone reschedules or Winnipeg opens up another site. This whole week I've been trying for hours each day trying to register, but nope..."No Seats Available." There always other things that I can do over the summer, extracurricular-wise.

I've also been rethinking my answers on my interview, considering what I SHOULD HAVE said instead of my actual answer. It's making me feel rather nervous right now, even though I know there's nothing I can do now. So how is everyone else coping?

GO SENATORS & CANUCKS!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure where you got June 12th from. As far as I know, everyone who wasn't offered first acceptance will get a letter in early June, since all the remaining letters are sent out May 31st. I'm not sure how it is for OOP students though.

If the letters are sent on May 31st, is it possible to receive it before June 4th? OR. Before May 15th?

It is possible to receive our letters on June 1st, but the 2nd and 3rd is the weekend, so the 4th would be the next possible day for our letters to arrive.

The first batch of letters are sent out on the 15th, so some of us won't receive them until a few days later.

ps: does anyone know if I repeat a lower level class, if U of M takes the average of the two classes or the highest mark? I have a really terrible first year. Ugh, but I have a 4 year degree (but it would be very nice to have a 4 year degree and a nice first year, of course).

I think they'll drop the lower one only if becomes one of the marks they drop when they calculate your aGPA.

I had a bad first year too. I played my best game this year and got A+'s in all ten half courses, but that doesn't even move it much.

mmm... regret.

Archived