Premed 101 Forums

Are acceptances conditional on current year of study marks?

I hope that some of my marks this year can be "take them off my cGPA because I've done 4 years" marks. :P

But I doubt that you need very high marks since they send out acceptances before you have all your marks to send to them. It'd only be if you had something really horrible. eg. maybe failed some courses, or failed the year, didn't finish your degree on time (grad school)... I doubt that if you dropped from your 90% average to an 82% average that they would care very much.

From what I was told last year by Leslie was that I only need to pass the pre-requisite courses. As long as I receive my degree and complete the required courses for entry, they really don't care if you fail the other elective courses. If you are close to the pass mark, I would advice you to email Leslie just in case. Otherwise, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

That definitely makes me feel a whole lot better!

The chances of failing anything are pretty slim *fingers crossed/knock-on-wood*...i was concerned b/c there may be a few courses in the 70s range!

It's been making me all stressed out...if I don't get in this year, how am I going to re-apply with crappy marks this year?! Hopefully such a scenario will not happen, as my first-round letter of acceptance should be arriving in a matter of weeks (positive thinking...maybe that'll help!)

That definitely makes me feel a whole lot better!

The chances of failing anything are pretty slim *fingers crossed/knock-on-wood*...i was concerned b/c there may be a few courses in the 70s range!

It's been making me all stressed out...if I don't get in this year, how am I going to re-apply with crappy marks this year?! Hopefully such a scenario will not happen, as my first-round letter of acceptance should be arriving in a matter of weeks (positive thinking...maybe that'll help!)

this has been my big concern too....my course load has been very heavy this year. hopefully everythign will work out.

this has been my big concern too....my course load has been very heavy this year. hopefully everythign will work out.

Yeah, I know what you mean! My courseload hasn't been particularly heavy compared to previous years, but it's still a full courseload with all senior courses and it's been combined with med school application writing and interviews...which adds to the stress as well.

Apparently acceptances at U of T are conditional right up until the time you graduate from Med school. There is supposedly someone who graduated in the last few years and the registrar found out that they never completed all of the prerequisite courses and they ended having to go back and complete like a first year english course before they could get their degree. There may be no truth to this, but it's become a widely known story around the U of T med students.

Hi everyone, for those who are interested:

If you are a 4th year student, who interviewed this year - you don't have to maintain a certain cut-off GPA to maintain your acceptance (if you are offered). You only have to complete your degree requirements.

I just got this info from speaking to Leslie Taylor,

Archived