Premed 101 Forums

US news guide

Just wanted to say that I bought the US News guide to med schools instead of the MSAR yesterday. I like the fact that it has schools in alphabetical order (the MSAR has them by state, which is quite annoying), and it has all the statistics you need. My only gripe is that the pre-reqs are not very well described. E.g., they will say "coursework in behavioral sciences required," but don't say how many semesters/credits, etc. However, it breaks down all the acceptance data (scores, % accepted OOS/intl, etc) and it shows rankings for the school in terms of specialty training and the like.

Not sure why it's so da,mn hard to put together a guide that gives you detailed info AND in alphabetical order, by the way.

Hey

I have that one, and I don't like that lots of schools don't answer all the questions asked, although it is indeed nice to have the schools in alphabetical order.

As you pointed out, the requirements aren't too clear, but the complication charts are nice to have.

Hey

I have that one, and I don't like that lots of schools don't answer all the questions asked, although it is indeed nice to have the schools in alphabetical order.

As you pointed out, the requirements aren't too clear, but the complication charts are nice to have.

most of the course work required you can find at individual school websites. I donno about you but i dont trust either one (US news or MSAR)...I have seen number of errors...

No, just international.

I don't think the MSAR has Canadians either, just because I remember e-mailing a school on there and explicitly asking them about admitting Canadians.

Is the one you bought the 2nd edition of 2006?

I think I will end up buying it instead of the msar!

Archived