Premed 101 Forums

michigan ann arbor accepting canadians

I don't see as michigan ann arbor as a university that accept canadians on the sticky, but on their site, they say around half their class is out of michigan. isn't "out of michigan" including us students out of michigan and internationals?

just e-mail and ask them

out of michigan could mean out of state (just US states).

sometimes international means canadian, other times it doesn't.

each school varies, and you're best bet is to contact them unless someone responds here before you submit your primary.

Basically you need a Visa before you can apply there. F1 I believe, though Im not too sure. I bet you if you contacted the admissions department they would be more than happy to help you.

You don't need a visa to apply anywhere. You need a visa to attend after you've been accepted.

DeeDoc was probably thinking about a green card (totally different from a visa). Some schools will tell you "yes, we take internationals who have a green card," but that's kind of a crock of sh!t, because if you have a green card, you are no longer considered an international applicant anyway - you are on par with US citizens.

And yes, out of Michigan could mean ONLY out-of-state students, OOS and Canadians, or OOS, Canadians AND students from outside of North America.

They are kinda weird that way, some schools don't consider Canadians to be international. I say, that's why it doesn't hurt to contact schools outside of the list in the sticky - they might say they don't accept "international students," but consider Canadians to be same as out-of-state and thus accept them.

I don't see as michigan ann arbor as a university that accept canadians on the sticky, but on their site, they say around half their class is out of michigan. isn't "out of michigan" including us students out of michigan and internationals?

UofMich doesnt accept Canadian students. It's a shame...it's awesome school. I had a chance to visit their campus last month. The school is quite good however the location sucks. For those of you interested CNN's Sujay Gupta went to that school (did his undergrad, med school and residency in neurosurg there).

Sony...the location of Ann Arbor does not suck at all ....it is a beautiful and quaint university town with all the ammenities you can ask for.....I have been there many times, as my family lives in the town, so I speak from experience.....U of M is an awsome school and so is Ann Arbor......too bad they do not accept Canadians ........for those of you who want the most accurate info on schools accepting Canadains I suggest investing the $50 and purchasing an MSAR....it is an excellent resources for those applying....... =)

Sony...the location of Ann Arbor does not suck at all ....it is a beautiful and quaint university town with all the ammenities you can ask for.....I have been there many times, as my family lives in the town, so I speak from experience.....U of M is an awsome school and so is Ann Arbor......too bad they do not accept Canadians ........for those of you who want the most accurate info on schools accepting Canadains I suggest investing the $50 and purchasing an MSAR....it is an excellent resources for those applying....... =)

well i didnt mean to offend. the school's location is nice. i went there when it was freezing cold

Archived