Premed 101 Forums

Apply to Dental Schools during 4th year of undergrad

I am entering my 4th year at UWO next september. My undergrad is Honors Spec. Biology.

I plan on using my 3rd and 4th years as my best two when applying to UWO, and other schools that recognize your best 2 years. My question is, when applying next year will my 4th year grades even be considered? Or is it only after full completion of 4th year that grades are recognized when applying?

Also, off-hand, does anyone else know any Canadian schools that accept best two years, rather than the cumulative 3 or 4? ---- What about certain US schools Ive seen posted that accept Canadians, do they follow a best 2 year GPA , or are most cumulative?

I've searched the forums up and down and havnt found much info on this. Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi!

I think the dental schools only consider 2 years that you have already completed. (i.e. If you want to use your 4th year grades, you may need to apply a year later.) But they do look at your 4th year marks to see whether you are a good student or not. ;)

For US schools, I'm pretty sure they look at all 3 or 4 years.

Hope that helps!

Hi!

I think the dental schools only consider 2 years that you have already completed. (i.e. If you want to use your 4th year grades, you may need to apply a year later.) But they do look at your 4th year marks to see whether you are a good student or not. ;)

For US schools, I'm pretty sure they look at all 3 or 4 years.

Hope that helps!

Actually I know for sure that Dalhousie is not like that: when I went for an interview this year, someone was there for an interview who was only completing their 2nd year --> So Dalhousie will in fact look at this year's marks. Williams, I highly recommend that you contact the schools directly, don't be shy :)

Archived