Premed 101 Forums

OOP Letters

No, I don't think the Thunder Bay residents are competing for IP seats - only OOP seats, they are only 10 out of 60. Yes UBCstu, the whole point of reserving 10 interview spots for them and then scoring their files as if they were IP instead of OOP obviously gives them an advantage - it is a response to last years event where they had to make 48 offers (out of 60 interviewed applicants) and they still only managed to fill 8 of the OOP spots. This is pretty embarrassing, b/c this means they probably went through their entire waiting list...and still didn't fill the 10 seats. Had we only applied last year!!!!!!!!!

I was talking to Beth today and she said that this change should not have a very significant effect on OOP admissions and that the waitlist will probably move like in previous years.

I was talking to Beth today and she said that this change should not have a very significant effect on OOP admissions and that the waitlist will probably move like in previous years.

You sure talk to Beth alot for someone who is OOP...are you a student at Manitoba or something or have you been calling her? Just kidding dude, most important thing is that you just delivered some damn good news...I just hope I'm in the upper half, not bottom half, of the list b/c I don't know if they will be going through 38 offers to the list like last year...

The wait continues!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I would just to say that I made a discovery! Well not really, just that based on last years stats, I figured out that out of 60 interviewees, those ranked in the first 10 are given acceptances and the last 10 are rejected. Leaving us with a waitlist of 40. I don't know what will happen this year, because it seems like everyone here on the list is really depending on Manitoba and no other schools (I am, but Queens' list is like 400 and I know I screwed everything up with them, doesn't matter neway, b/c manitoba is my first choice)...

I just hope that we, yes us (the ones who use premed forums) are all ranked in the first 20 spots of the waitinglist b/c we deserve to get in b/c we use premed101. IMHO.

Archived