Premed 101 Forums

Has anyone written both the American and Canadian DAT?

Hi all,

has anyone written the American AND the Canadian DAT? What are the differences in terms on difficulty, feasibility and preparation time? I know for sure the american dat has organic, quantitative vs the canadian dat which has carving. How long did you study for it, was organic chem hard and reading comprehension?

What about writing it on the computer, did u find it harder than the paper format for can dat?

thanks a lot guys

I have done both. It is much harder to do it on the computer esp the PAT. The carving isn't looked at by US schools. The QR section i thought was very hard...but my math skills aren't great. There are a lot of problems that you know you could have done with ease 10 years ago but you can't remember for the life of you how to do it now. I would only take the US DAT if you have to. The bio and gen chem were the same.

The best way to study is to take practice exams over and over...on the real DAT you will see many of the questions word for word. Take time off and really study so you only have to take it once. I have no idea how you would study for the carving...i would say practice a little, but you kind of have it or you don't in that department.

Archived