Premed 101 Forums

WAITLIST Letter

I now have doubt about the bolded font in the waitlist letter since no one really has mentioned that they did not have it. So don't worry if your email does not support bolded font. I am 99% sure that you that you probably have bold font in your letter.

With all the information that I have been able to gather from this website, it is becoming more obvious that U of T probably sent waitlist letters to most of they people interviewed that did not receive admission. As discussed earlier and as posted on UT website, it is possible that they did send out refusals but I have not yet seen a single person post that they have received one from U of T or from any other school. This seems odd to me.

In the event that U of T has put everyone on the waitlist who did not get an offer, I find this to be an incredible selfish and unfair. The people who are able to apply to U of T this year are 4th year and graduate students who are finishing their programs. Meaning that we have to make plans for next year. If we are deciding to pursue graduate work or find a job, being mislead by our chances of getting in at such a late date can jeopardize what we do next (e.g. if you want to re-write the MCAT, you can not get a spot to rewrite for the next round) and cost us money (e.g. apply to grad but get in, money wasted. Not to mention the impact on your supervisor who will be left without a graduate student that they had a project for and budgeted to have; also they would not have enough time to fill the void you created.).

It is not our fault that the schools require ~7 months to process our applications, conduct interviews, and offer admissions. We should at least be given a rough idea where we are on the list so we can make plans come September (only 3 months away!).

Archived