Premed 101 Forums

Good waitlist... how many?

Does anyone know how many people get put on the good waitlist? and how many people are called?

I'm in the french stream, and I hear only one or two are taken from the wait list in the french stream... Any input from someone?

Also, why doesn't Ottawa U give us ANY idea what number we are on the waitlist... this is ridiculous, any way of finding out?

I got waitlisted at Ottawa U and NOSM, and the email and treatment by NOSM is FARRRRRRRRRRR better than ottawa, in my opinion. Just goes to show: did my undergrad at Ottawa U, and if I did learn something, it's that the administration and the way things are done at that University is absolutely ridiculous, in all ways. Once again, they've stepped up and proved it once more!

Anyway, to all of you waitlisted, GOOD LUCK! I'm in the same boat and I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for all of us.

do feel for you for being on the waitlist. but i would not go too far :confused: and put the meds office down just for the way they write their letters. sorry if you had bad experience with Ottawa u admis before. every school has its own way of sending letters .one of the reason for not giving candidate a details info could be the fact that they do not want to hold them hopeful for 3 month a then send the rejection letter .also they do not have time for you guys to call them and check ur status. .. good luck with u

sara kj

Meds10

Ya, i just feel a bit left out, compared to the treatment of other schools. I mean, after all this trouble, we get a cold treatment! it's different to know if you're 1 or 2 on the list, or actually # 75, you know.... You can sort of plan around it, you know??

But anyway, i think it's just really bad experience with Ottawa U in general and this is one more instance!

Sorry you seem rather frustrated.

The waitlist does move alot and the year I applied in the info session they had mentionned they don`t tell you your spot on the list because it could change that very same day, so they didn`t think it was really fair to give you a number.

I am not sure, but I would guess that once things calm down in the admissions office ....like in several weeks...if you haven`t gotten off the waitlist they may be more open to letting you know where you are on the list. But don`t know for sure.

At any rate, you can always provisionally accept another school, if you are waiting to hear from Ottawa.

Archived