Premed 101 Forums

Med-P waitlist

ralph

hello,

according to the admissions office, 56 people did not get off the waiting list last year and those figures were incorrect.

However, I have heard the waiting list does move. stay positive

that's wierd

according to the Admission Requirements of Canadian Faculties of Medicine, 56 people declined their offer so i'm assuming the waiting list moved that much

you should expect the waitlist to start moving at the end of next week since UdM gives out their results on Monday. Wish you all the best!

Here's the link mchn2007 was referring to:

http://www.afmc.ca/docs/2007_admissions_book.pdf

I don't know how this year will fare in terms of offers being declined, but we should all keep our fingers crossed.

By the way, does anyone know when the other universities will release their offers. McGill was the 16th, UdM will be 21st (via mchn2007), how about Laval and Sherbrooke?

Thanks!! :) :)

University of Montreal mentions May 21st as their release date via their website, but I got my acceptance letter today in the mail. Really happy right now, although I was shooting for McGill. We'll see what happens with the waitlist.

according to the admissions office, 56 people did not get off the waiting list last year and those figures were incorrect.

Why would they report false numbers to AFMC, then?

I'm not a Med-P applicant, but did you called the admissions office and specifically asked about the waitlist?

Yep,

I called a long time ago and they told me they didn't know where I got that number from, but they did not take 56 ppl off the list (they took less).

If the secretary told you that, don't rely on it at all. If Michel Dansereau, or another senior admissions officer told you that, then it's probably right.

56 looks like a big number, but it is not entirely unrealistic. There are 4 schools in Quebec offering the Med-P in a very selective manner exclusively from Quebec CEGEPs that are mostly francophone. It is not unlikely that most people that are qualified enought to get into McGill will be good enough for the other three, and that many of them would choose the Francophone schools.

What I don't understand is why McGill would give false numbers to AFMC. AFMC doesn't look like a place that makes up random numbers on it own.

Have a look at their makeup: http://www.afmc.ca/pages/about.html

University of Montreal mentions May 21st as their release date via their website, but I got my acceptance letter today in the mail. Really happy right now, although I was shooting for McGill. We'll see what happens with the waitlist.

Congratulations !!!:D :D :D

Archived