Premed 101 Forums

UWO Meds 2011

Thanks for starting the FB group, Darla! I was sitting on the fence about whether or not to start one (felt a bit nerdy myself), but I'm glad you took the initiative.

I'm coming from undergrad at UT, so Western will be a nice change.

Degoo, I used this address, found here: http://www.schulich.uwo.ca/education/admissions/medicine/

Medicine Admissions

Kresge Building, Room K1

Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, The University of Western Ontario

London, Ontario, Canada, N6A 5C1

I believe Kresge Building is the temporary location of the Admissions Office for the summer. The postal code also matches the one on our admissions envelope.

Thanks for starting the FB group, Darla! I was sitting on the fence about whether or not to start one (felt a bit nerdy myself), but I'm glad you took the initiative.

I'm coming from undergrad at UT, so Western will be a nice change.

I've been trying to think of how to make this more real. I thought that seeing my classmates might help with that...I'm getting there!

And sooooo looking forward to September!

Thanks for the Facebook group, Darla! I just decided this morning that I will be accepting my offer from Western, and joining the FB group felt like the perfect way to celebrate that! See you all at the end of August, can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey All!

I am a little too excited right now to be posting:) I firmly accepted a while ago but every once in a while i get this surge of giddiness when I remember that my life makes sense again..can anyone relate? Anyways, I can't wait to meet you all during O week! For those new to western..WELCOME. It is in my opinion, one of the most beautiful campuses in Canada and we all rock for getting in. Congrats again!

les

Hey All!

I firmly accepted a while ago but every once in a while i get this surge of giddiness when I remember that my life makes sense again..can anyone relate?

Oh my yes :D

Every now and then I look at my partner and say "We're going to med school!" then giggle until he tells me to grow up :D

Oh my yes :D

Every now and then I look at my partner and say "We're going to med school!" then giggle until he tells me to grow up :D

Seriously? Both you and your bf got in? Both at Western? That's crazy and so awsome for you guys! Congrats! I'm jelous:) Mine's just an engineer..ha ha!

Seriously? Both you and your bf got in? Both at Western? That's crazy and so awsome for you guys! Congrats! I'm jelous:) Mine's just an engineer..ha ha!

Oh no, he didn't get in--he's just as excited as I am that we're both going to London. You'd think he's gotten in too. He's a physical science guy.

The past 6 years has been a team effort to get to this point, so we've been saying "we're" going to med school, kind of like when couples say "we're" pregnant :D

Oh no, he didn't get in--he's just as excited as I am that we're both going to London. You'd think he's gotten in too. He's a physical science guy.

The past 6 years has been a team effort to get to this point, so we've been saying "we're" going to med school, kind of like when couples say "we're" pregnant :D

ha ha! I have been with my bf for 5.5 years at this point and we are very much the same as you two except that he is going to UofC (AB) and I'm going to western so it is kind of bittersweet for us I guess! But I def. owe him part of my success, like you said! I don't think anyone else would have put up with me through undergrad or helped me memorize a million cue (sp.?) cards that meant nothing to him:)

ha ha! I have been with my bf for 5.5 years at this point and we are very much the same as you two except that he is going to UofC (AB) and I'm going to western so it is kind of bittersweet for us I guess! But I def. owe him part of my success, like you said! I don't think anyone else would have put up with me through undergrad or helped me memorize a million cue (sp.?) cards that meant nothing to him:)

Awww, I love it :D

I'm sorry you guys are headed in different directions for the year though!

We'll have to make sure you stay busy enough not to notice he's not in London ;)

Archived