Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist movement???

Hey Chichi!

If 52/56 have accepted, assuming the provisionals and 4 spots are outstanding (which are most likely rejected spots, as accepted ones would have been confirmed by the deadline) and you are number 2...I think you are probably pretty safe. Even if the provisionals are now firm that still leaves four open spots to be filled (pretty sure that they would have been firm if people were planning on attending, most likely caught up in paper work at OMSAS and NOSM is waiting to get a signed confirmation rejecting the offers). So if 4 spots are left to be filled you are number 2 right?

I would quit stressing. I am waitlisted as well but on the lower half of the waitlist, not that I would accept because I got into Queen's so i am happy.

Good luck

This is a touch off topic, so hopefully is isn't too disruptive, but is there much happening on facebook (for the NOSM group)? I've been resisting joining facebook...

And congrats Countrygirl! It's going to be great to meet everyone in a couple months!

Countrygirl: Congratulations!! The wait paid off!

Chichi: I have my fingers crossed for you...you are number 1!! I hope you get some good news SOON!!

Jimmery: The facebook group has over 30 members (more than half the class), and there is some info on housing and LOC's...plus it's a great way to connect with people before orientation week. I think you should jump on the bandwagon haha!:)

Hey Chichi,

I re-read my e-mail from Northern last week; right at the very bottom it says: "You will receive your weekly updates on the status of the waitlist each Thursday until our class is filled." I am assuming the class is full and that's the reason why we didn't get anything.

However, I still think you should keep positive...your next in line and I am certain that at least one more person will drop off. I'm on a few waitlist and know how hard this whole thing is...but if I was number one I wouldn't give up hope just yet ;)

Best of luck!

AMM :)

Although I said I have officialy retired from this site (people can't hear anything negative about NOSM) ! I had to put my 2 cents in here to help you deal with the waiting. I checked from my records from last year.....and they sent us a final email saying class was full. I also remember the days be shifted around here and there last year and thinking the same thing. Most likely the list is almost full and there have been no serious changes so they are probably waiting tomorrow.

They will send an email saying. Our class is now full, no further updates will be made.

Hope that helps.

chichi...I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you...as I believe there is still a spot for you. I really feel for you having to wait this long and being so close. I wouldn't read too much into not getting the 'weekly' update - as they haven't always been right on time with their emails for the waitlisters. Hopefully you do get an offer today so you can have a wonderful weekend!:)

Archived