Premed 101 Forums

help to convert peds diaphragm to bell-- CardiologyIII

Hi all,

I have a Littman cardiology 3 stethoscope and I want to convert the pediatric diaphragm to a traditional bell. However, I'm having trouble getting the paeds diaphragm off... do I need to pry it off? Should it screw off? I'm reluctant to do anything too violent until I know how it works.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Kate

Hi Kate,

The cardio III is supposed to function as both bell/diaphragm, without actually changing any pieces, depending on the amount of pressure you use to auscultate i.e. light pressure for low pitched sounds, heavier pressure for high pictched. I have a vintage cardio II that still has a bell, but thinking of getting the III.

You can probably give 3M a call and they'll be able to help you. Here's their site: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Littmann/stethoscope/

c

Hi all,

I have a Littman cardiology 3 stethoscope and I want to convert the pediatric diaphragm to a traditional bell. However, I'm having trouble getting the paeds diaphragm off... do I need to pry it off? Should it screw off? I'm reluctant to do anything too violent until I know how it works.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Kate

I think I had to get my fingernails underneath the plastic ring bit, but it's been so long that I forget.

It's actually probably harder to damage your stethoscope than you think it is. Be a little firm with it and it should pop off.

Archived