Premed 101 Forums

Downtown Toronto location?

a41

Has anyone been to the Thomson Prometric centre on Bloor?

I tried going yesterday, but the doors were locked (the ones on the north side of the building). Those were the only doors I could find, so I'm assuming that they were locked because of the holiday.

Is this the correct building? Is the test centre upstairs? I am going to try again next weekend on Saturday or Sunday (I can't during the week because I am in Kingston). If they aren't open on weekends then I won't be able to check the place out until test day!

The building is on the south-east corner of Bloor & Sherbourne. The entrance is on the north side of the building. The test centre is on the second floor. The day I was there, multiple rooms were used. There were three of us in the room I was in. The computer monitor had a curved screen, and the mouse was a ball-type with a scroll feature (though it did not work for all sections of the exam). The ear covers blocked some but not all of the noise. I didn't really notice too much outside noise. Registration was quick (about 3 minutes per person in the morning, 10 seconds in and out for each break). Each staff member was very kind and encouraging.

Hope that helps.

Elaine

The computer monitor had a curved screen, and the mouse was a ball-type with a scroll feature (though it did not work for all sections of the exam). The ear covers blocked some but not all of the noise. I didn't really notice too much outside noise. Registration was quick (about 3 minutes per person in the morning, 10 seconds in and out for each break). Each staff member was very kind and encouraging.

Hope that helps.

Elaine

Wow, that was really detailled. Lol. :)

What kind of "ear protector" did they give you? Were they those kind that look like big heardphones that cover the ears, or those sponge type of things that you squeeze into the ear canal?

thanks

The big headphone style. They were fairly comfortable, and blocked out much (but not all) of the noise.

Elaine

Archived