Premed 101 Forums

post May 15th 2007

I'm on the waitlist for Queens. I feel like I'm getting more anxious every day and more when I go through this forum but I can't stop checking it.

I'd like to know if and when anyone has gotten acceptances for Queens post may 15th. To clarify my request.... Please post the day the administration sent you the email and not the day you opened it if it was post may 15th and only post may 15th.

appreciate it.

Hey Spriteguy!

I agree with cluelessabout med and also think that it might be too early. I asked one of my friends who got in last year off the waitlist when she received her email and she said in early June. I would think that right now the admissions office is still sending out emails to waitlisters as acceptances are being declined and they get their paperwork sorted out. I know that being waitlisted is such an anxious experience having just gone through it, but you could be hearing good news from the admissions office really soon. :) That being said, if it's something urgent I don't think that it would hurt to phone them. The two ladies seem like such lovely people.

I keep on getting scared that I'm in a dream (I pinched myself twice today), or imagine these horrible scenarios like they sent the email to the wrong person, or that the admissions office made a mistake, or that I will never pass my first aid course... Is anyone else having this weird anxious feeling or have I just gone complete and utter bonkers?

I keep on getting scared that I'm in a dream (I pinched myself twice today), or imagine these horrible scenarios like they sent the email to the wrong person, or that the admissions office made a mistake, or that I will never pass my first aid course... Is anyone else having this weird anxious feeling or have I just gone complete and utter bonkers?

I hear you, bayervillager; my reaction has been very much the same. I spend vast amounts of time obsessing that someone, somewhere will suddenly find an obscure bureaucratic loophole and use it to disqualify me. This is still somewhat better than my reaction when I received the MCAT results. I printed my scores from the AAMC reporting site and asked my parents to verify that I was not hallucinating.

a lot of us must be feeling like something might still go awry, guess that's typical for late acceptances, shock and disbelief...

wait until we start learning about diseases in 2nd year, you'll think that every fever, ache and pain is some horrid malady like smallpox : medical students' disease ;)

Archived