Premed 101 Forums

Scoring on the DATs

Hey!

I have a question regarding how the scoring is done for the DATs (the ones that are out of 30). Do they simply take the percentage of questions that you got write on that section and convert that mark into one out of 30? In otherwords, if you got 30/100 on the Natural sciences section, would that equate to a score of 9/30? Or is it like the MCATs, where there's a range of scores that corresponds to a score 15 (ie on the verbal section, a 45-50 would equate to a score of 11, etc).

Any help/clarification would be awesome!

Hey!

I have a question regarding how the scoring is done for the DATs (the ones that are out of 30). Do they simply take the percentage of questions that you got write on that section and convert that mark into one out of 30? In otherwords, if you got 30/100 on the Natural sciences section, would that equate to a score of 9/30? Or is it like the MCATs, where there's a range of scores that corresponds to a score 15 (ie on the verbal section, a 45-50 would equate to a score of 11, etc).

Any help/clarification would be awesome!

Will knowing this information help you score any better? Study hard, focus and you'll do well; don't get distracted with the numbers games.

Will knowing this information help you score any better? Study hard, focus and you'll do well; don't get distracted with the numbers games.

Well I did my first DAT today, and I was just wondering how well/poorly I did and to see how much more I need to improve to meet dental school requirements.

I apologize if my original post was interpreted as being slightly too "keen"...

Well I did my first DAT today, and I was just wondering how well/poorly I did and to see how much more I need to improve to meet dental school requirements.

I apologize if my original post was interpreted as being slightly too "keen"...

There's nothing wrong with being keen. Being keen is good! Actually, it's an excellent quality! But don't worry too much about the things you can't control. Focus more on the things you can control...everything else will fall into place....oh and there's always room for improvement...it's not a destination, it's a process :cool:

its a standardized scale, not a percent thing. So its based on the scores of everyone else who writes (ie. like the MCAT). I know when I was studying for the DAT I used the conversion chart in Barron's guide to see where I was in terms of my goals. it was pretty accurate.. but nothing is right on

Archived