Premed 101 Forums

Practice MCAT scores...

sickgirl

Hey there.

Just out of interest, does anyone have a feel for how the AAMC practice test scores relate to your actual MCAT scores? Has anyone here taken the MCAT before and done wildly differently than they did on the practice tests?

Also, I'm a little confused as to what counts as a "good" score. Some people say tens across the board is all you really need...but that seems low on a scale of 15...?

Thanks!

my aamc practice test scores were pretty similar to my actual mcat score (ie within +/- 1 point of the actual)...but the real mcat may seem harder cuz of ur anxiety, etc.

and yes, 10/15 on a section is pretty good...it's around 70-80th percentile...only around 5% of examinees get 13-15 so if we just disregard those abnormal ppl, 10/12 is really good. :D

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/examineedata/combined06.pdf

my first kaplan test was a 21, then jumped to 26 then to 29, until I decided to stop doing them after I realized that you can actually get 20 answers wrong on kaplan and still end up with a 10!!!!

So I started with the AAMC tests, got 29 on 3CBT, 22 on 7CBT (it was devastating, believe me!) and 31 on 4CBT

Doing nr 8 on friday!

hey hippie (and everyone doing CBT tests vs. paper ones for practice)

Is it possible to save these CBT files? Kind of like how you can save an exe application or a pdf?

Or must they be done online at a Kaplan Centre or something?

Just wondering because I've been trying to get a hold of the CBT tests, since all I have is paper.

how did everyone do on their first full length practice (excluding ur diagnostic)? i'm talking about after you have studied everything, and felt ready to take it under real settings

and how much did that score improve/drop on test day?

I got a 29, on AAMC 3. 32 on the real thing about 10 days later. The funny thing was that I had a 9 in PS on AAMC 3, but 12 on the real thing.:D

If you are doing them through e-mcat, or through the kaplan portal, they are automatically saved(Scores and answers). But if not, I don't think you can save them.

thanks for the post hippie. seems like Kaplan and other companies finally have something going for them-- material that is pretty tough to pirate.

Hi:

I am selling Examkrackers MCAT Audio Osmosis with Jordan and Jon . Containing all the twelve lectures. Its an amazing guide. It helped me to boost up my MCAT to 36Q last year from 26Q. If you are interested please email me back to: izad_izad@yahoo.com. For payment information and asking price: 30$.

If you want the ExamKrackers I can send it to you by two ways:

1. By YouSendIt

2. By post if you want to have the CD. Which will be 6$ for Shippment.

Thank you

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR MCAT.:D

Archived