Premed 101 Forums

"Research"

Hello

Come match time, is there any specific type of research the directors are looking for??? I, unfortunately, never done any research before but have the chance to this summer, specifically in scalenus muscle physiology(sounds weird yes)...but before I go ahead I want to make sure I choose something that would benefit my resume, too. I really do like physiology but, to be honest, research in every type of science is cool for me - I never had a favourite subject...

Thanks

thank you for replying!

so how does it go?? do you ask the internal medicine department head for example in the hospital? I believe there must be epedemiology studies as a major part of the research...well, anyways, I should go and see for myself face to face with the department director or something. Unfortunately, I'm in a very research poor country so that is why there is a great chance I might graduate from med school without knowing what the heck the research is all about :( a shame...but I hope I don't become like that which i'm working on.

Best of luck to all of us

Have a look at the CARMS site. You will see that some programs say that research in any area is good.

Obviously research in the area of your chosen specialty is best, especially if it's a really competitive specialty, but the fact that you can demonstrate research experience (especially if you have gotten publications etc out of it) is still good, at least for some programs.

Archived