Premed 101 Forums

in province "Reserve List"

can anyone demystify this so called reserve list with some confirmed stats? the admissions office is very vague about it and will not release it's length, nor what position an applicant is on it. their reasons being that it is variable from year to year and therefore such info would do someone no good (especially if they tracked their position on the list all the way down to number 1 only to not get in - has to happen to someone).

i have heard from a multiple sources that the list is short (like 5-10?), but i don't know how reliable that info is as the people did not provide any source. i have also heard from one person that the list is crazy long - not too reassuring.

anyway, does anyone have even a ballpark idea of generally how long the in province wait list is and how many people are typically admitted (based on previous years)?

thanks

edit: i just realized, if you are on the in province reserve list then post here - maybe we can get an idea that way. even though only a fraction of people on the list would even be registered here, if 10 names turn up then we can be certain that the list isn't that short...

Hi Boy,

I am on the list! Since MUN won't tell me anything I have just assumed I won't be getting in this year. I just wish I knew how many people are on it! I can understand MUN not wanting to tell us our position, but what's the harm is telling us how many are on the list?

AMM :)

I am also on the waitlist. I have also heard that it is short (5-10 people). I have known that about 5 people who got in off of it the year before last. Does anyone know when they start to inform people if they have gotten in from the list? Have they already started doing so?

Hi Calex1,

I don't know of anyone that has been contacted yet, however, a friend of mine was accepted and had to let MUN know within 14 days if she was accepting and the reserve letter also required a response by 14 days. Tomorrow is the 14th days so I imagine the school will take a few days to go through all the information then start pulling people off the reserve list by the end of the week? LOL of course this is all just speculation and people might already have been pulled off :P

Oh the joys of waiting :o

AMM :)

i talked to them and they mentioned that as soon as notification in writing is received that a seat is declined, they will contact the next person on the list... which leads me to believe that they *should* have already started pulling names, but again i haven't heard of anyone being accepted from the wait list yet (then again i don;t know anyone on it). so maybe they will wait until the full 14 days is up until they start contacting reserve list members (i hope that's the case anyway, since i haven't been contacted...)

i asked them if they had started contacting anyone from the list yet and they said they couldn't release that info. was worth a try i suppose :D

I'm on the waitlist too. I'm not banking on getting in, though. Got into UWO and accepted there, but sent in my waitlist form anyway to MUN just in case. I know of someone who has their M.Sc in Biol or Medicine (can't remember), and she's waitlisted too. Hope that helps with figuring out how long the waitlist is... I have no idea, but I've heard that they waitlist around 10 people... my sources aren't reliable either, though... :confused:

Once all my paperwork is in at Western, I'll be taking myself off the list, so it's possible someone may be jumping up on the list, provided if I'm higher than anyone else on this forum (it's crazy that they don't tell you where you are on the list! Holy frustrating!!! :@

• 3 weeks later...

Archived