Premed 101 Forums

another sketch question

Guest pp15

For activities which are seasonal, ie. coaching a sports team is ok to put multiple entries in the sketch, for each year that you did that activitiy?

or would that seem like you are trying to stretch your activities to fill up the list?

If you did the exact same job every season, I would enter it once and give a date range for how many years you've been doing it. However, if your role has changed (ie - you moved from, say, referee one year to coach the next year), then I would enter them separately. Remember, it is quality, not just quantity that counts. It will look good that you have been committed to the same event for several years, in my humble opinion. Just my thoughts. Good luck.

Tanya.

• 9 months later...
Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I have a question regarding the listing of awards both, on the OMSAS sketch and a CV. Say, for example, an applicant in one year is nominated for three OGSST (Ontario Graduate Scholarships in Science & Technology) scholarships. Although these scholarships are a nice $15,000 each, they are mutually exclusive, i.e., you can only hold one per year; therefore, if nominated for numerous scholarships, you must choose to accept only one. Do you list on your OMSAS sketch (and CV) that you were actually nominated for all three, or do you just list the one which you ultimately chose to receive?

Also, as an aside, does anyone have a feel for how prestigious (nor not :) ) OGSST awards may be?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest lcloh

i put down that I had received two entrance scholarships, one at UofT and one at UWO for my undergrad programs... naturally these are obviously mutually exclusive as well (by their very nature.) so I put UofT, $3000 entrance scholarship (declined), and UWO, 4-year continuing scholarship.

Guest peachy

I personally didn't list anything that I had received but declined (not that there were very many things, lol!)... I think the thing is to see how it looks within the context of your app, eg I tried to balance the sizes of the different sections as much as possible.

Archived