Premed 101 Forums

need full course load in 4th year?

hello...

do you need full course load in 4th year? How about 9/10 courses because thats all you need to graduate? Please replyyyyyy ..... I am conditionally accepted and in the letter it states that I needed full course load in 4th year but my two first undergrad years i have high gpa (>3,7) and I dont understand.. i have written email to western but no reply yet...

please helppppppppppppppp

You need two undergrad years with full course loads (5 full credit/10 half-credit courses) and GPAs at or above 3.70.

One of those two years must have at least 3.0 full credits of senior level courses (apparently second level or higher?). So, if your second year with 3.70+ has at least 3.0 full credits of second year or higher courses, you should be good (I believe). Did you have 10 credits in both of your first two years (including at least six second+ year courses in one of them?)

You need two undergrad years with full course loads (5 full credit/10 half-credit courses) and GPAs at or above 3.70.

One of those two years must have at least 3.0 full credits of senior level courses (apparently second level or higher?). So, if your second year with 3.70+ has at least 3.0 full credits of second year or higher courses, you should be good (I believe). Did you have 10 credits in both of your first two years (including at least six second+ year courses in one of them?)

This is correct--I had a similar heart attack earlier :D

As long as 1. You've completed 20 full credits

2. the 2 years with 3.7+ were 10 credits

you're good to go.

It probably can't hurt to double check with them for your own frame of mind though ;)

• 2 weeks later...
hey, kind of a random question here...

if one takes a couple summer courses following a full year undergrad, Western does not include those classes in the GPA. is that correct?

thanks in advance

Western does not consider the mark you earned in summer courses in any circumstance. They only consider your GPA for the top 5.0 courses you take between September and April, excluding repeated courses.

Elaine

Archived